Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great turnout today. :D We had 15 people come out for the competition today. It was overcast and about 30 degrees at the start with some winds that made it feel a lot colder than it was. The temperature dropped in the time that we were there. There were some nice fish caught today. Here are the results:

1. Augy 4 fish 7lbs1oz, Big fish 2.2lbs 100pts
2. #1cubsfan 3 fish 6lbs3oz, Big fish 3.2lbs (BIG Fish of Tourny) 95pts
3. toothdoc 3 fish 5lbs14oz, Big fish 2lbs15oz 90pts
4. FishinMatt 1 fish 2lbs14oz 85pts
5. Basscaster 1 fish 2lbs2oz 80pts
6. flyrod 1 fish 1lb8oz 75pts
7. rootpro6 1 fish 1lb5oz 70pts
8. Culprit 1 fish 1lb2oz 65pts
9. Fish81156 No qualifying fish :( 30pts
><)))°> kid14 No qualifying fish :( 30pts
Fishthoughts No qualifying fish :( 30pts
Islandfisher No qualifying fish :( 30pts
BigAl No qualifying fish :( 30pts
WVmountainman52 No qualifying fish :( 30pts
James No qualifying fish :( 30pts

Coyote joined us for breakfast and came out and joined us for a while as a spectator and Jason came and watched the last hour or so as well. Thanks to everyone that showed up. See you guys next month!
:D

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Nice Job guys!

Great time at the tournament it looks like, Deep will look alot better when you have 12-15 boats out there..lol

Be sure to stress boater safety when it comes around !! And go over safety precautions before everyone launches.

But Back to wwd, Nice Job to everyone who attended and can't wait for the pictures!

:D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
congrats guys! I guess i left just before tony's big fish... congrats dude! congrats to everyone else while i just spectated and froze my ASS off. hahah atleast i got 30 pts... omg i just cant wait to deep. congrats again.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Ah I look like a fool in that picture and as you can see my hands were frozen so I couldn't feel my fingers which resulted in half the fish being covered up by my fingers. When you guys have the deep lake tourney does any1 have room for 2 people on their boat at all? I would gladly put some money in for your pocket! I wish I could retake that pic lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
Even though I didn't catch a thing, great to get out in the elements. Got to spend time with good friends. I also got to see a hawk, a blue heron, and there was even a coyote sighting (nice meeting you Mike).

The above was just a flowery cop-out for me not catching anything.

P.S. When did "skunk" points drop from 35 to 30 :?:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skunk points are determined by the number of people that show up. To day there were 15 participants. Last time there were only 14. Every extra person that show up drops the last place points by 5. So I guess if more than 20 people show it would be 0 points.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wow great turnot guys! Some great looking Bass. Kudos on the big bass of the day cubfan! Sorry I didnt make it as I said I would. Had really really ruff last night.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Ya..and the best part Dean was that Tony caught it ....lost it... then caught it again... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tony got some skills and dam he is consistant year round..Well done Tony on the big Fish.

Augy and Tony ARE the WWD masters...............Picked'em 1-2
in event #1 and again in event #2 ...why not :wink:

#1cubsfan , 2:1 , Last minute winner in Event #1. Solid top finishes in most events in 2007, can't pick against
Augy , 5:2 , Nipped at the wire in last ....looks to hang on for the win in this hotly contested event

Great day fishing....in the dead of winter in Chicago land (but wind is not good at the WWD it was tough most of the day)...but fun as always.... good to see everyone...breakfast was good...but our math is bad?

Nice to meet Mike and Tom

Even Jason stopped by...(he can't help himself...LOL.)..and no one got sued..... :wink:

Thanks Doc for running around with the frozen scale...I think Tony is 100% DUE as an offical for the next Evnet#3...(got to slow him down some way :roll: )

A fun "safely.... executed tourny" opps..sorry "Friendly Get together" as they all have been.......

"Friendly Get together" fishing is fun !!!!

Even Big Al got got an 8 pounder :shock: ....BUT.... is was a DUCK !!!!! :lol:

until next time guys...and there is always a next time !!!!!!!!

P.S....remember... it's just fishing !!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
burrrrr!! it was brutal out there but we battled through the elements with laughter and some great fishing action. we had some bruisers pulled out of the wwd this round. 3 fish around 3lbs!

if i'm not mistaken, i think this round produced the heaviest total bag of any event. gotta check the stats from last year. it has to be for all wwd events anyway. any math junkie want to take a crack at putting some statistics together??

after all the discussion we've had for the future of this tournament, i think we all agree why we do this. it's sooo much fun hanging out with you guys. we have a wonderful group of guys that really do care for one another and these tournaments provide an opportunity to meetup on a monthly basis and "fish amongst friends". points, titles, $$ was never the reasons for starting this tournament. we all know this.

with that said, i think we can also all agree that there is a natural draw for us men in that we yearn for competition. that's what we do. it's how we were designed. it's why we love sports. watch any nature show and you'll most likely see two male animals fighting over a chick! lol that's what makes us different from females. we got that smaller brain doing all thinking for us and jr has a lot to prove. LOL :lol:

we ain't no pro tournament anglers but it sure is fun pretending to be one isn't?! :mrgreen:

can't wait to fish with you guys again next month! maybe we'll have some open water by end of march.

any suggestions on the location for round 3?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
What a great time in the cold !

Doc took the early lead wth Augy on his heels until Augy took it over with about a hour left and kept control till the end. Once again Cubsfan with the late push but just not enough !
Nice meeting some new faces Coyote,James & Flyrod !
Congrats to Augy & #1cubsfan :D
Thx Doc & Pat for officiating :D
Thx for the great outing guys !

I`ll try and tackle the stats for these outings :oops:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Well atleast I didn't get the skunk but still upset I haven't come close to winning anything at all!!! That wind killed a lot of the fishing yesterday! If we do have the tourney here again next month I will win something for sure! Hehe perhaps total weight or big fish? Who knows but even if I don't win, its just all for fun. Like augy said I get pissed over entering a 20 doller tourney and I get mad about a hog not hitting my crawler while its on his face, but imagine paying 500 to enter the tourney and not having that dam fish hit your bait? Hmmm now that would suck! Once again guys nice to see you out there guys. And nice job Tony on that fish man!! I still am shocked he hit it 3 times! First time he spit it, second time snapped line, and you nailed him 3rd time. I tried to give it a shot for him but dam he wanted your crawler! Ha.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fun times for sure, even though it was not the best weather conditions. And Tony did have that big hawg on twice before finally landing it on the third try. All within about 5 minutes. Makes you wonder why the big ones there quite often don't go for the bait, but the one that he caught did 3 times in 5 minutes. :?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Congrats to Augy and Tony. I stayed till 930 and no one had a kepper yet, boy you guys must have been on fire after i left. Was great to match some faces with their names sorry i didnt get a chance to talk to you all but a little too cold for me to stick around. Gotta say i see why you guys get out was nice friendly competition.Everybodt seemed to have their spots and stuck to them.Good to see Matt honing his WWD skills for the next tourney.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.