Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please read ALL 2009 WCTT rules and tourny information first:

WCF Disclaimer:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1578

2009 Current rules
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=8204

Participate at your own risk and play by the rules... and most of all.. be safe !!!!

Standings for 2008 Top 10 WCTT particpants.

-----------------------------------------
1. #1cubsfan(Tony) - 710pts
2. FishinMatt(Matt) - 610pts
3. Basscaster(Mike) - 595pts
4. toothdoc(Tim) - 440pts
5. Culprit(Aris) - 410pts
t6.Fishkid(Creighton) - 400pts
t6 Fishthoughts(Hide) - 400pts
8. Augy - 370pts
9. JasonN - 365pts
10. SkunkedAgain(Tony) - 335pts
-----------------------------------------

WCTT 04-25-2009 Event #1.. "DEEP LAKE 2009 PRE-SPAWN CHALLENGE"

Once again another great WCTT turn out.... with 24(or so) particpants. :shock:

SO... Winter IS Over, Spring is here ....It's WCTT Game Time 2009 !!!!!!!!!

Rank...Particpant.....odds........Comments
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
01----#1cubsfan(Tony) , 1:1 , The WCTT AOY 2008 Knows the lake very well and took top honors last year. Can he go back to back??

02----Culprit(Aris), 2:1 , WCTT AOY 2007. It's been a while but you can never count out the "Deep Lake Master".

03----BassCaster(Mike) , 5/2 , WCTT finished in 3rd place in 2008. Looks to improve in 2009.

04----ToothDoc (Tim), 3:1 , Back in action for 2009 looking for a big start.

05----JasonN 4:1 , Site admin has fished this lake many many times.... and is never out of it.

06----Fishthoughts(Hide), 6:1 , Had a great year fishing the WCTT in 2008. Look for improved results in 2009

07----Augy, 7:1 , Have to consider a big come back this year. (My Budweiser long shot of the day...He's "In it, to win it!!!!) watch out :D

08----Jaypee the hhf (Jaypee), 10:1 , The hip Hop Kid needs to "kick it off" with a good start this year.

09----Big Al, 12:1 , The Big Man tells me he has a few new tricks up his sleeves..Lets see ;-)

10----BgBass29(Alex), 15:1 , Back on the trail for 2009. looks to make a big splash in the opener.

----------------The field entries 20:1 (Just cause I have not fished with you guys that much :)

mplant(Mike)
Basshole(John)
rootpro(Keith)
tradersteve(Steve)
Charlie
Tom
Kodiak
wmuallstar
catchnrelease (jim)
robbiegill (rob)
JORDAN58
& Friend

Basic Schedule for Event #1 is going to be............

1) 5:10am...Get there and Pay Jack for your boat rental at "The office".
(say hi and ...trash talk).
2) 5:25am...WCTT Sign IN / Entry $$. (at the dock).
3) 5:30am...Load your boat.
4) 6:00am..."Safe Light"...Launch time (We all start at the same time).
5) 10:00am..1st weigh-in.. Will be at the docks...10AM SHARP !!!!!
6) 1:00pm..Final weigh-in.
7) 1:30pm..Finish up unloading your boat.
8) 1:45pm..Meet at the bar after the tourny to trade sob stories OR count your $$$$....lol

P.S. DNR Rules "Reminder"...For Safe Boat Rentals:

--You need an valid Illinois fishing license(and ID)

--If you use a gas motor on the rental you need a valid fire extinguisher.(gage "must be" in the green zone)

--If you use a trolling motor you have to have a battery box/terminal cover.

--You also have to have a "Sounding Device" a.k.a ..some kind of a whistle.

***DNR rules(not mine) and we want no tickets this year....you have been reminded!!!!

WCTT Judgement Call:In the event of bad weather tourny offical(s) have the right to call off/delay the days event before "any" $$ for rentals or entry fees are exchanged
"safety first!!!" will prevail in respect to all final decisions.

Disclaimer: As always.....The Morning Line Odds and comments are just for "fun" and not for real wagering and in 'no way' reflects anyones 'true' fishing skills or other related stuff!!!!

That's it...have fun, be safe ....It's game time!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to all.

Any questions PM me.

BassCaster(Mike)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Mike, you are da man for putting this together. That was a very comprehensive post and included a lot of useful information. The founders of this event have really put together an impressive set of rules and have managed to run a very tight ship. Congrats to all and looking forward to seeing you out there next week.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Fishthoughts said:
Mike, you are da man for putting this together. That was a very comprehensive post and included a lot of useful information. The founders of this event have really put together an impressive set of rules and have managed to run a very tight ship. Congrats to all and looking forward to seeing you out there next week.
Agreed 100%. You guys put on an impressive show.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good luck guys and peel some basses for me! I'd love to be there, but I've gotta work! That's not such a bad thing, right Mike? :D

·
Registered
953 Posts
I second a vote for Tony on this one. He was out there on Saturday when I hauled in my 24 bass and he knows where I was catching them and what I was catching them on. That might be a good advantage to have come Saturday. Looks like some warm weather as well. Good luck to all!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The field entries are getting so big I may have to bet on the field.... :wink:

Fishing for a "Few bucks" has taken on a new meaning in 2009.......$$$$$$$$$$

Mother nature agrees that we have had a long winter!!!!

Thursday Sunny 72....South winds 20mph
Friday Sunny and 78.... :shock: South winds 20mph
Saturday Sunny in the 70's ..South winds 15mph(Perfect Deep lake pre-spwan weather)

Big time south winds will warm things up....Pre-Spawn in the mid west??.....Let's get out there and get'em :D

Good luck to all!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Just make sure all of your trolling motor batteries are fully charged. A south wind on Deep Lake will have those motors running constantly.

I see that Accuweather has winds of 24mph with gusts up to 41 mph. The Tribune is showing winds of 14 to 32mph. I really hope it isn't that bad. Maybe that wind will wait until later in the day so you guys can get the tournament in.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yeah, the wind is brutal there. Between all the gear, my weight, batteries, cooler and terminal gear, that trolling motor is hard at work. I usually bring two batteries, but that barely gets me through the tourney. We may have to be more strategic and hit only certain spots. We shall see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.