Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike, Aris and I got together last week to finalize the 2009 season rules. Just a few minor adjustments.

1. Point system is now based on 3 point increments with NO sliding skunk scale. You get 5 points for participation if you get the skunk.
1st Place = 100 pts / 2nd Place = 97 / 3rd Place = 94 and so forth

2. Entry fee is now $25. We basically added $5 more to be used for "big fish". This allows us room to payout to 3rd place.

3. Payout: 1st 40% / 2nd 25% / 3rd 10% / Big Fish 20% / 5% automatically deducted from each round for AOY pot.

Example: 20 entries @ $25 = $500 Pot
1st = $200 (40%)
2nd = $125 (25%)
3rd = $50 (10%)
Big fish = $100 (20%)
AOY Pot = $25 (5%)

4. Boats must be rented from Jack's to participate

5. All fish weighing in at or under 1lb 4oz will be measured (14" minimun per DNR regs for Deep Lake)

6. No late AOY fees from now on

7. Start time is sunrise and no sooner!!! Every tournament will end at 1pm. Sunrise times for each tournament will be posted

8. You must register and be paid up 15 mins prior to launch (sunrise)

9. Midway weigh in time 10am

10. Dead fish penalty: If its belly up after release, it doesn't count, its dead or will die...you fish killer!!! Keep them fish healthy!

11. Aerated coolers highly recommended especially during July and August

Dates:

We will have set dates for the season, however, we will alternate 2nd and 3rd Saturdays each round so its not on same week each month to accomodate more folks. We may also consider 2 tournaments for the months of June, July and August.

As of right now, we are scheduled for the 25th of April for the first round (weather permitting).

April 25th @ Deep Lake
May 23rd @ Busse
June 13th @ Deep Lake - Optional 2nd tourny for June on 27th @ Busse or Deep)
July 18th @ Deep Lake - Optional 2nd tourny for July on 11th @ Busse or Deep)
August 8th @ Deep Lake - Optional 2nd tourny for August on 22nd @ Busse or Deep)
September 12th @ Deep Lake

WCTT Classic Championship Tournament: September 26th (optional)
Top 50% of field will qualify for this event if we decide to have it. We can set special entry fees for this event or make it for pure bragging rights!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
First of all, I want to thank Aris, Augy and Mike for taking care of this. I know that a lot of people have been voicing their opinions during the off-season, but it was you guys that originally set this thing up so you guys are in charge.

I think that everything looks good and fair for all parties.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I like it except for the fact that I am already going to miss the first tournament and the last tournament. :( Anyway, I hope we do end with a couple of tournaments per month in the warmer months. That way I can make up for the tournaments I will miss. :wink:

Either way I think this looks good.

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Much thanks to Aris, Augy and Mike.

There's a real basic foundation here at WCF and these guys have stayed true to it. This whole tournament thing is NOT about being a "professional" tournament circuit, but rather a chance for everyone to enjoy some fishing, camaraderie, and to have a little competitive fun. Really, it makes us all better anglers.

Let me say first and foremost that these rule adjustments are in no way meant to exclude anyone from participating in our tournaments. Every single person i've had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with during these events is an important part of this. These new parameters were put in place so that we can all enjoy this experience even more.

I sincerely believe that a great thing was started a couple of years ago and will be even better for the coming season. I cannot say enough how much I appreciate everyone who has made this site what it is, and how much I appreciate the people who continue to make it even better.

Jay

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
JasonN said:
There's a real basic foundation here at WCF and these guys have stayed true to it.
B.I.N.G.O!

Let's just fish for a few $$ and some points !!!!!

All in good fun .....GAME ON !!!!!!!!!!

(Hell ..first time i went to Deep Lake i got 'stuck' with a guy named Tony(#1Cubsfan) and he won AOY in 2008) ..... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well you Three knukel heads must have not had to much crow roayal. Those are some pretty inpressive changes. Looking foward to being out on the water with you guy's and haveing a few beers. See ya on the water

·
Registered
825 Posts
Things look good. I too like the schedule you guys came up with and paying out to 3 places with big bass.

InfamouzFisherman- It seemed like a lot of guys were interested in an evening T at Deep. Maybe a big bass outing or just a get-together would work. I'd be up for something like that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This looks really great guys. This is my second year fishing and I ave always read the Deep Lake tourney posts and have always wanted to try one out. I look foward to meeting a lot of the guys from the site and hopefully learn a lot from you guys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.