Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shall we try to reschedule round 1 for May 2 2009?

The weather looks much better this time around but it's spring and who knows.

·
Registered
506 Posts
its hard for me to get off sats ill try though. sucks being mailman

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I have to agree with Augy on this. If the posted date gets canceled, I think that the only fair thing is to vote on an alternate. That would be the most fair to everyone, especially those with other obligations.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
toothdoc said:
I have to agree with Augy on this. If the posted date gets canceled, I think that the only fair thing is to vote on an alternate. That would be the most fair to everyone, especially those with other obligations.
i know i'm a newbee and have very little say and zero pull in event planning, but i agree with this statement 100%!!!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I realize this is getting a voting, but if we're doing it this Saturday, I might make it there with James. I'll confirm later this week if it's still a go. (Wisconsin opener this weekend!) Those big mama's will be up on beds in two weeks or less pending steadier weather. Fish on the Chain were already starting last Friday/Saturday. I'm not sure when the next full moon is, but maybe plan the tourney that week? They should be red hot then.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
This 1st tourny was out of the blue anyways,I dont see a redu happening so 1st tourny will probably be at Busse on May 23rd.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I'm not able to make this Saturday either, but we'll never be able to have a date we can ALL do.

Perhaps we just go with the regular schedule and make the next one the first one?

Again, I know there are a lot of folks who want to gear up, compete and enjoy these tournies. I also know i'm in the extreme minority in that "winning" all the points or Angler of the Year is not my priority (I hear the boo's now).

The way I see it is, if you can participate - great! If you slam 'em, great! If you win a tournament and ultimately the season, great!

We've had SO much fun on this site the past 4 years fishing new places, meeting others, and become better anglers. It is my sincerest hope that our tournies are the "bouns" of this site, and not the focus.

That being said, whatever is decided, is cool with me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.