Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather was cloudy cool with rain, rain and more rain.

16 total came out. We caught 43 keepers in total.

Except for the rain it was a good day with a good WCTT turn out........

Nice Job JayPee for putting a 6 fish stringer together in the AM

1st Jaypee the HHF........10.13 (Tied for Big Bass 3.3oz)
2nd Basscaster(Mike)......7.4
3rd TraderSteve(Steve)....6.2

.4 ClancyWiggum(Matt)....5.13
.5 Augy..................5.11
.6 Charlie...............5.6(Tied for Big Bass 3.3oz)
.7 BassProMatuk(Mike)....5.3
.8 #1Cubsfan(Tony).......5.2
.9 Mplant(Mike)..........4.6
10 Bgbass29(Alex)........3.15
11 Augys(Friend).........3.0
12 Fishthoughts (Hide)...1.13
13 Jason.................1.12
14 Aris..................1.2

---------- Da Skunk Club

Bassmaster Alex
FishingMatt (Lost his stringer of 5 Bass before the 10am weigh-in)

P.S.

ANYONE leave a blue cooler with a BPS areator on the docks?

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
First off, Congrats to JP on the win :wink: There were lots of nice fish caught yesterday and it was fun to hang with the WCF crew once again. I did indeed lose a very nice stringer of 5 fish :oops: I started the motor to head back to the weigh in and forgot the motor was in gear. The stringer chain caught in the prop right as the engine turned over and pulled the stringer snap out of the oarlock. Unfortunately the water was very dirty and I was unable to recover it. I had a good friend send me a very nice email telling me how good things come out of bad situations in life. When I look back at it, I take solace in knowing that I never lost my temper or composure about the whole situation. I often have a problem with my temper, and although it was hard to go back and weigh the rest of the fish, I took everything in stride the best I could. The worst thing to me is that the fate of this fish is probably not good. They definitely deserved better then that. Again, congrats to JP and it was great to see you guys again.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats Jaypee! You were on fire! I had one busy day grabbing all the fish you were catching. I got major bass thumb from your fish and not mine - lol.

Cooler with aerator works when you don't have too many fish in there. We had eight fish at one point and my biggest (about 2lbs) died right before getting to the first weigh in. :cry: That was most unfortunate.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yeah, another great tournament to be a part of and again several guys were within one fish of being in the top 3... Having it so close after the first weigh really makes the last few hours so much fun to fish... MPlant, my 2nd short is probably 14 inches now, maybe I shoulda squeezed the tail a little more! And by the way, get that motor fixed!!! :mrgreen: Great to fish with such a class group of people and I can't wait to join you all again in July...

Fishing the Bass open at Shabbona next Saturday with my wife... Hope the weather cooperates next weekend because she sure ain't gonna put up with a 2 hour rainstorm that's for sure... Anyone here thinking of fishing? One fish could win you a crisp Benjamin! - BPM

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Tough luck Matt! Its just one of those freak accidents. I had that happen. It was only one fish, but it might have been big fish that day. I really didn't care about that though. What I felt really bad about was the fish swiming around for its last day with a chain stringer attached to its face. It actually made me rethink if I was really all that interested in tournaments.

Congrats to the winners and all other particpants! Looks like it was a good day for it.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Thanks guys for running a great program. I had a lot of fun fishing in my first WCF event. I'm definitely in and looking forward to the next one. It was a very close race...one more fish for a lot of guys would've put them in the money running!

Cya next time
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
congrats jaypee! kudos to fishinmatt for getting back out there and trying to find those fish to release...not to win but to save them!

so.....round 3 on june 27th???? lets do this. lets get another round before the killer heat comes around and the skeeters start to eat us alive!!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
thanks guys it was a blast!...Sorry to matt on losing his fish!...and Hide your fishing dying was really a bummer...sorry about filling up the cooler with so many fish :( :wink:

BigRick said:
Anyone care to share what techniques were most productive this weekend? Hot baits? And where's the pics of those two 3.3# fish?
sorry I took no pics of the big fish...it was raining, and pic taking is a pain in the butt in the rain!!

hot baits haha... one green senko, and one hot pink senko wacky rigged on a size one circle hook. muhahaha :twisted:

oh and i think the cooler that was left was Aris...i think he had his fish in there at the frirst weigh in...but im not positive.

Thanks again

JaYPee The HHF!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Great job JP and congrats to all the winners !!!
That was a tough break Matt :(

JP is right ,forgot my cooler on the dock :oops:

Alex did get his 1st topwater fish a 13"er he was so proud ,poor kid had a fever as soon as we got home and is doing much better tonite :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Culprit said:
Great job JP and congrats to all the winners !!!
That was a tough break Matt :(

JP is right ,forgot my cooler on the dock :oops:

Alex did get his 1st topwater fish a 13"er he was so proud ,poor kid had a fever as soon as we got home and is doing much better tonite :)
I am glad he is doing better. It was cold as hell and with all that rain it made it worse!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To all great fishermen. Let me introduce myself, I am Tim Song (chideok) Augy's friend. I had a good time last weekend fishing with you guys. First time tournament so now I know what to do the next time.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Congrats Jay , must have been pretty cool to win it all. Tough break Matt im sure you did everything to find those fish. And congrats to the rest of you guys for catching keepers and braving that crappy morning. Would sure love a night get together as Sat ams are a tough 1 for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.