Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather: Very Sunny and warm(80's) light wind.

Fished from 6am to 1pm

Another great event with 20 people showing. The weather was perfect!!!!

Fishing was good in the AM but the high skys in the afternoon
proved to be a tough bite.

Total of 33 keepers "ALL" released in good condition
good job guys :lol: (Side Note: we tried the cooler/aerator for the
first time and MAN were the fish kept fresh...HUGE difference)

We had a visit from our friend at the DNR (at least he was some what of a nice guy) .....sorry for thoese that got tickets. :twisted:
(we need to address this in the off season.....if not sooner)

Congrats to:

(Ryan)Winnesbasschamp... He just crusted'em in the morning hours
with a morning limit of : 3.5 , 3.5, 3.4, 3.6 , 2.10...well done !!!!! Looked to be taking it all .........

BUT

Paul S, Took the Big Bass honors with a fat (20 inch?) 3.15 in the afternoon session.

Thanks to all that came out.

Post your pictures if you got some 8)

See you all in 2 weeks !!!!

Event #9 the Final Event for 2008

WCTT event #8 9-27-2008...Final Results !!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

01,(Ryan)Winnesbasschamp,15.14 $$$$

02,(Matt)FishinMatt,9.07 (Had to leave to duck the cops)
:wink:
03,(HeeDay)Fishthoughts,6.11

04,Paul S.,6.01 (Big Bass 3.15) $$$$

04,(Matt)ClancyWiggums,6.01

05,Jason N.,4.03

06,(Mike)Basscaster,3.12

07,(Ben)Yami Master,2.03

08,(Tony)#1cubsfan,2.02

09,(Al)Big Al,1.12

10,(Alex)Bgbass29,1.11

11,(Tony)Skunkedagain,1.10

12, Dad , 1.06

13,John V.,1.04

---------------------------------

Tony C.
(Jeff)Seebass
(Rich)Kayakrich
Frank
Crieton)fishkid
(Tom)bucketmouth4

If I missed any details let me know

BassCaster(Mike)

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Congrats to Ryan for smoking the field and Paul for the hawg. We did not have a battery box/cover or a whistle in the boat. We saw Mike getting checked and he said the guy was checking everything so we did not want to risk 2 $75 tickets for that. I have both those things at home, guess I am just getting lazy :p

As far as our fishing day went. I got a legal on a topwater, then one under a dock, then 4 off the deeper weedline. Yami got his on the deeper weedline as well. For once, we only landed a few shorts. I was feeling pretty darn good with a quick limit until Ryan started pulling fish out at the 10A weighin. Holy Cow :shock: Again, congrats to him and Paul, and great job as the official this month Mike. Next month I plan on staying until 1P. :lol:

Almost forgot, thanks the motor Big Al!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Thanks, it was a blast! That first hour they were bitin really well. I told Fishkid we weren't going to get bit in the dark, but i changed that theory on my first cast! I literally casted out, lifted up and set the hook. It was just that good this morning. I consider myself lucky. Only caught 7 or 8 fish, with those 5 being the only keepers. I told Fishkid all day someone was going to beat me for big bass, and that I'd need a four pounder. Again, nice job Paul! I swear on my life I had an 8lber come flyin outta the water only to miss my topwater. I told Creighton, "Man, if I woulda caught that one, these guys are goin to hate me!" Thanks again for having me and letting me use my boat. Which I'm sure there was a little controversy over....If it becomes a problem with anyone, i'll bring a rowboat next time!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winnebasschamp said:
Thanks again for having me and letting me use my boat. Which I'm sure there was a little controversy over
Not an issue ...Tony(SkunkedAgain) had his Nitro boat and only got one keeper.... :shock: (j/k ....Tony it's a sweet ride)

Tony(#1CubsFan) fishes with 'me' and our 3hp killer motor....and he's in 1st place for the year.

FishinMatt won 3 in a row at Deep Lake ..in row boat.....:roll: and today came in 2nd.....(Your glad he had to leave to beat the DNR) :?

Just a game dude :lol: Bottom line .....If you can catch'em you get the $$$$$

Don't much matter what ya float on the water with :wink: and today ya got'em good......Well done !!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Congrats to Paul and Ryan. Thank you Mike for managing the tourney.

I caught about 15 to 20 fish today, but most were shorts. All fish came on the senko in about 8 feet of water. I used watermelon and plain drab green colors. The fish were active in the early AM for sure.

BTW, can someone buy in bulk those tournament bags for our weigh in? I would certainly pay for one, just don't know a good place to get one.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fishthoughts said:
BTW, can someone buy in bulk those tournament bags for our weigh in? I would certainly pay for one, just don't know a good place to get one.
HeeDay ,

We are going to that process next year for sure. I wanted to try it this tourny but Tony could not pick one up as they were sold out at Dicks :cry:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Congrats to Paul and Ryan. Great job Mike being the official.
Good job to all who showed up. I am really in a funk as of late.
It seems I can't catch a fish to save my life. :cry: VERY frustrating.
Good job to the old man who was able to get on the board. He said
he had a blast today.
As for the DNR, he motored right by us over on the east side never
stopped, which is good cause we didn't have life vests or a whistle.

·
Registered
825 Posts
It was nice fishing with all of you today. I really enjoyed it and look forward to more of it in the future. I didn't know what I had gotten myself into this morning when I saw all those people and I started lugging around motors and batteries. I needed to get out in the boat just to relax.

Congrats to Ryan. You opened up a serious can of whoopass this morning!! You da man!!

That is a cool little lake with some healthy bass. I can see how there are some big ones in there.

Overall, the day started slow for Alex and I. We messed around for a couple hours fishing docks and some real shallow stuff. I got a big hit on a Rage Tail which probaly kept us fishing shallow longer than we should have.

It wasn't until we started moving out to deeper water that we started catching fish. A Senko was the producer for both of us.

Unfortunately I was not as lucky as Bucketmouth. The DNR did issue me a citation for not having a fire extinguisher. He also could of gotten us for unprotected terminals and only having one life jacket. But he just gave us the one and told us to split it. He gave Alex a warning for the life jacket. I can't complain too much- we were both in violation. What sucks is that it was the only time all year that I've been in violation PLUS it is the only time I've seen the DNR all year. What are the odds of that?

Anyways, the fish gods must of felt sorry for me since I caught my big bass right after we went back to get a fire extinguisher. Thank you Deep Lake! Good fishing. Paul

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
The DNR thing was a bummer, even though we always preach how they need to be out more, but not for stuff like a damned whistle and such.

That being said, it was another truly great WCF outing! Clancy and I got on good amount of fish, but only 6 keepers between us.

A BIG thanks to Mike (basscaster) for being tourney official, and to fishinmatt for making up the spreadsheet.

Congrats Ryan on an very awesome haul to grab 1st place. Well done my friend! And also to Paul for big fish! Two new comers to the tourneys but you guys did a fantastic job and and it was great to meet you both. Hope you both continue to come out for our WCF tourneys.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone who participated. You've all been welcome additions to this site and its really nice to be able to enjoy these outings with everyone.

:D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Sounds like a great tourny, besides the DNR ofcourse.
Great haul Winnebasschamp and congrats !
Congrats Paul S on BIG FISH !

Great turnout and nice work to all out there ,33 fish :shock:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks to Mike for runnin the show. Thanks to Big Al again for letting me pair up with him. I spent most of the day trying to get a feel for the lake. Did have a monster pike follow in the morning. After that it was pretty scarce. I was pretty happy that Al beat the skunk for the tourney. After the morning, I knew it was pretty much over for me. I did finally get a dink in the afternoon.

Al! Your Harry Caray is the best man! I might be calling for your discount on a new rod. Sorry, I didn't stick around for some beers. Next time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Congrats Paul & Ryan on your wins.
It was a great day fishing out there with you guys. Unfortunately, Me and Paul got ticketed for not having a fire extinguisher, but whatever. :roll:

I had a tought time this morning, getting several strikes and taps, but no takers. I caught a total of 3 bass, but only one measured.

Here is a pick of Paul's winning BASS.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
congrats guys! nice to see some new faces! i only caught one shorty all day... but as for your ragetail bass Paul, dont worry about it, ryan and i missed probably 8 bass all on top water shallow bass... they just werent holding on!

·
Registered
825 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
Too bad about the DNR chasing everyone around! :lol: How many times have we said you need a cover and a whistle? :p
I had a whistle since I had just bought one the night before at KMart (clearance $1.50) even though I didn't think I needed it. And I brought duct tape to cover the terminals (I had a DNR officer tell me that was OK) but I forgot to tape up. I honestly did not think I needed a fire extinguisher. I had even told Alex that I thought there was no way we'd see the DNR. So I made an effort to be legal but I really thought there was no chance we'd see the DNR. I was wrong on that one!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.