Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know we dread having all these rules and regulations but without them it could become chaos. With that said, Aris (Culprit), Mike (Basscaster) and myself have met several times over the past couple weeks to come up with a simple and fair tournament format.

It may seem like a long ass post with tons of rules, but it really isn't once you peruse through it. This is not set in stone and it will need some tweaking to get it perfect.

WCTT scoring system and regulations:

WCTT scoring is based on a 100 point sliding "skunk" scale. The skunk scale is determined by the number of entrants at each event. Points are awarded in 5 point increments based on performance. MINIMUM 5 ENTRANTS for tournament.

Skunk Scale: If you do not catch a qualifying fish, you receive points marked by the number entrants. 8 entrants means you receive points at the 8th place level (65), 12 entrants means you receive points at the 12th place level (45).

1st 100
2nd 95
3rd 90
4th 85
5th 80
6th 75
7th 70
8th 65
9th 60
10th 55
11th 50
12th 45
13th 40
14th 35
15th 30
16th 25
17th 20
18th 15
19th 10
20th 5

Example A: 10 entrants
• 5 people catch keepers. Based on their total weight, they will place 1st -5th.
• 1st gets 100 and 5th place gets 80.
• Skunk scale for this tournament is 10th place for 10 entrants. 55 points.

Example B: 15 entrants
• 11 people catch keepers. Based on their total weight, they will place 1st -11th.
• 1st gets 100 - 11th place gets 50
• Skunk scale for this tournament is 15th place for 15 entrants. 35 points.

As you can see, just by showing up you accumulate a lot of points but by at least qualifying with a fish, you really separate yourself. It's structured so that there will be stiff competition all the way down the ranks and until the very last minute of each tourney. You could have a poor finish one month but with a good performance at the next, you are right back in the thick of things. This point system is designed to reward consistency and to keep it a tight race.

Late entry bonus:
Late entry does not mean you're out of the hunt for the championship. Late comers will be registered 10 points back from last place.

Example: Last place currently has 140 points. You will start your WCTT standings at 130 points.

Late Entry AOY Pot Match Fee:
You will need to pay your cut of the previous events 10% AOY pot to be eligible as of round 3. We did not collect for AOY pot the first 2 rounds so we'll start "big pot" starting from round 3.

This does not mean that you can't come out just for our monthly tournaments. This only refers to those who wish to compete for the WCTT Angler of the Year bragging rights.

Example:
You join us late for round 5. That means there have been 2 AOY collected pots for round 3 and 4. Round 3 there were 10 entrants which means the AOY pot is $10 (10% of $100 event entry fees collected) and round 4 there were 15 entrants which means the AOY pot is $15. You need to match 10% of total $25 collected so far for AOY pot to be eligible to win and collect the end of year AOY cash bonus. It's only fair you match what others have already paid.

Partners:

Pick and choose. No random drawings. Friends should be able to fish together. Boaters (those with motors for deep) and non-boaters should try to hook up however. Boat and motor rentals split between partners.

Fish Limits:
• Each lake has different keeper lengths and creel limits. Depending on which body of water we are fishing, that lake's regulations will determine our tournament format.
o If the lake regs are 14" and creel limit of 5 fish, then minimum length to qualify is 14" and will be a best of 5 fish tournament.
o If the lake regs are 12" minimum length with only 2 creel limit, minimum length for this event is 12" and will be a best of 2 fish tournament.

• Only Busse WWD is 12" qualifying length and best of 5 fish.

• Total weight determines places with "best of" fish weighed.

• No rod limits but only one line in the water at any time.

• Live bait only allowed at Busse WWD tourneys.

Tie Breaker

In the event of a tie, big bass will break stringer ties and heavy stringer will break big bass ties.

Penalties:

If you bring in a dead fish to weigh, you will be deducted 4 ounces off the weight. You will also receive a healthy dose of dirty looks from the rest of the field. :lol: Treat your fish with care and keep them alive for a healthy release.

If you bring in a fish that did not meet qualifying size, well it doesn't count. However, if DNR is out and catches you with an illegal size fish, you'll have to deal with them. Also, you will have to use the official "Poacher" avatar, until the next tournament. :lol:

No Gerald Swindles!! Can you say…Disqualified! Safety first.

Fishing is on the honor system. Your caught cheating ...your a scum bag and that is that, your out!

Angler of the Year will be proclaimed after the final round in December 2007. Total money won will "not" be posted...Just the standings

Tournament Organizers
Aris (Culprit) : Mike (Basscaster) : Augy

Everybody has a voice here at WCTT. However, should a situation arise when an executive decision has to be made, the available organizers will make an informed and fair decision.

This isn't perfect. It will need improvement and updates as we progress. We'll keep an open mind and work out all the issues that may arise together.

Please remember, FISH AT YOUR OWN RISK. This is not a registered organization. This is simply a group of friends getting together every once in awhile for some friendly competition and bragging rights. Lets keep it loose, and take it for what it is, a fun gathering for our members.

Good luck and let's have some fun this year!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just being the devils advocate here. what if one was to come out say in june, but didn't want to partake of the AOY, would that person still be paying into the AOY pot every outing thereafter anyway? it would seem you might want to make the AOY a completely different pot just to avoid this. if i understand the contract posted :shock:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Section 12B Clause 82A on Page 148 states....... :mrgreen: LOL!

good point tim. we'll simply collect only from those that are in the AOY competition.

For instance: 10 anglers and 2 are not part of the AOY competition...we collect from the 8. So 10% of 8 entry fees ($8).

Total pot for the monthly event would be $92.

Would that be fair???

·
Registered
702 Posts
actually, as i was reading the 'fee' posting it seems this is accounted for in that the AOY pot is a separate fee. but then you would have to, in effect, show up (or pay) for every tourney's AOY pot and missing one should then disqualify to be fair to the others in the running. maybe just starting a pot separate from the monthly thing that either you get into by such and such a date at such and such a $$ amount enters you in the AOY competition, which is based upon an overall percentage of points earned in proportion to the amount of monthly events attended (i'm not even gonna attempt to give an example of that! but i know what i'm trying to say...i think). that way it is separate from the monthly thing, keeping the monthly thing as open to newbies as possible, yet giving the regulars a further incentive to shoot for.

hmmm, but i am impressed with the amount of prep you guys have put into this. i've never really considered the whole process of tourney planning and comulative scoring....

But what do I know, I haven't even made it out once with the WCF crew. My hopeful plan for the year is to make it to at least one WCF event this summer!!! (understanding, of course, that they are not in any way, explicit or implicit, sponsered by nor in association with the entity known simply as WCF nor its' subsidiaries or owners) :D

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the AOY pot is really just a small cash bonus. The real objective is to earn the title of Angler of the Year. the total AOY pot will probably not even be $150.

it's like this, some of us who will participate in more events than others will just add a little bit more to the pot than some that miss a few. In the long run, whoever consistently shows up will have the best shot at the title so the little extra cash they put in the AOY pot will be worth it. in the end, i believe it will all average out.

I really don't see no more than 10 people actually competing all the way through for AOY. At least this year anyway.

As we grow this year we'll learn a lot and improvise along the way. hopefully we will have a much better understanding and become more and more efficient, fair and organized in the years to come.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
don't worry about the math. mike will design a database program to keep track of the numbers.

yeah, i know. we even have our very own tournament software in the works. pretty cool eh!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we haven't even talked about that yet. I was considering printing up a few certificates for 1st -3rd place. but a trophy would be pretty cool. maybe we could use the AOY pot money to buy a trophy.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
The main idea is to get together and fish and have fun. For a few $$
it just gets the competive juices flowing and adds to the days event.

it's funny how much better/harder you fish (with say $10.00 on the line)
sure does keep you on your toes...and now ther are points to think about.... :wink: ...all in good fun

BassCaster(Mike)

(Fish in my avatar was worth $90.00.WWD tourny #1 ...1/27/2007...
Picture is on my wall for all grand kids to see.. :lol: and I will tell them a great story about that day...lol..let's just fish)

Skeet Reese : "Who needs crack when there is tournament fishing"

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
That sounds great to me !!

Now It's been difficualt for me to find the next tournament, and how many tournaments has there been so far ?

Pokerguy45 and I will show up to probably all but one of the next tournaments as long as work and transportation doesn't get in the way.

So I pay $20 Next tourney I'll pay for this and last tournament ??

Everything looks good to me, Can't wait to fish with you guys.

Whens Deep ??

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Perch guy said:
That sounds great to me !!

Now It's been difficualt for me to find the next tournament, and how many tournaments has there been so far ?

Pokerguy45 and I will show up to probably all but one of the next tournaments as long as work and transportation doesn't get in the way.

So I pay $20 Next tourney I'll pay for this and last tournament ??

Everything looks good to me, Can't wait to fish with you guys.

Whens Deep ??
as stated in the above rules and regulations, new comers will start out 10 points back from last place.

this the current standings as of the first 2 rounds.

1.Augy 195pts
Basscaster 195pts
3.#1cubsfan 175pts
4.Culprit 135pts
5.Toothdoc 90pts
6.JasonN 80pts
7.Fish81156 70pts
MattK 70pts
PeteK 70pts
10.Islandfisher 65pts
Twoglasseyes 65pts

New comers will start the AOY pursuit at 55 points (10 points back of last place, 65)

Notice Culprits points. He's sittin pretty in 4th place and he didn't catch squat at the first 2 rounds. He just showed up to both rounds and picked up the points. :mrgreen:

Deep tournament will most likely take place the 3rd or 4th Saturday in April.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.