Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's that time again. Time to prove your mettle against other WCF members in the greatest tournament trail ever created. Based on voting over the last couple of weeks the date has been decided by a majority vote to be July 21st. We may want to try again to get a 5:00 a.m. start especially considering it is July and it can get hot fast. For all those who can attend please respond to this post that you will be there and indicate if you already have a partner (and who that is) or if you are still in need of one. Also indicate whether you have a gas motor, a trolling motor, both or neither. We will try to pair up based on the availability of motors so that nobody has to row around all day. As for tournament procedures I believe the way we handled it last time was excellent. We had two weigh-ins as to reduce the stress on the fish and I think it worked out great for everyone involved...........including the fish. Hopefully we can get another fine turnout for this event!! :D For those who are more well versed in the tournament proceedings please pass on additional rules and regulations for this tournament as you see fit. Time to get your "fish on" gentleman!!! 8)

UPDATED JULY 19TH @ 3:45 P.M.

In so far (with pairings to date):

Boat #1: Augy and Baefish
Boat #2: Islandfisher and Twoglasseyes
Boat #3: Basscaster and #1cubsfan
Boat #4: Toothdoc and Culprit
Boat #5: ClancyWiggum and JasonN
Boat #6: Big Al
Boat #7: TBD
Boat #8: TBD

In, but not partnered up yet:

Zaxx92
Mike163
DADDYO1096

Interested, but not committed yet:

Molson
DADDYO1096's friend

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be the tourney boss if that means I get to take the biggest fish caught by anyone and use it as my own :D

Do you have to have certain qualifications to be tourney boss?

Do you have to work your way up through the ranks like the mob??

If it means just collecting money then that works for me. 8) Of course the hard part is giving that money away at the end, but we'll see how it goes. :wink:

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I think Augy, Mike, Tim, and Aris are the "brains" behind the whole tourney thing. I guess you better be nice to them to be tourney boss.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Where is everybody? So far we only have 6 people in and that is if everyone shows up. I realize that this time of year can be tough with family vacations and such, but there must be some others out there that might be interested.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Going with the wife, father-in-law, mother-in-law, uncle, and stepfather on the 21st charter fishing on LM. :) Sorry.

It's the wife's birthday present to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys me being new here im gonna need all the info you can give me..where is tourney? how do I get there. how much? and any other info yal can think of.I have an 82 basstracker..40hp on back&trolling motor up front it aint perdy but she floats :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Leo

The tourney is being held on Deep Lake, which is is Lake Villa. There is no public launch, so if you don't have a place on the lake then you will have to rent a boat at Jack & Lidia's Resort like the rest of us. They charge $15 a day for a 12 ft. aluminum Lund. You will have to bring your own motor or partner up with someone that has one. An electric trolling motor should be sufficient or a smaller gas one. Jack has some old gas motors for rent but they are not real reliable. Deep is a great lake with some big bass, northerns and even some gar in it. For our tournaments we only fish for bass though.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
leo, here's the link to all the info you need for our tournaments. don't freak out on the length of the rules and regulations. it's all pretty fundamental stuff. it's there so everyone has some set boundaries.

anyway, heres the link and hope many more of you guys can come out. i guarantee you this, you may or may not catch a fish and take home bragging rights, but you WILL have a good time. I look forward to our monthly tournaments more than anything else.

http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... php?t=1620

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.