Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading through the recent WCTT threads has peaked my curiousity about something.
I was wondering what the ratio has been on past tourneys in regards to the number of winners who have physically navigated the boat compared to the non-boaters or non-navigators?
I would think the non boaters would have a huge advantage as they can make many more casts and physically have their presentation in the water longer.
Especially since you are talking very small, light, rental boats which when you combine with a Deep Lake on a windy day with many, many weeds can be a tough go.
Has the topic ever been addressed before? Do some guys switch up or take turns? Interested to hear your responses.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Don`t really matter, its a good time thats all.
I`m sure the guys in front have a bit of an advantage.
I`m always driving and dont mind at all.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Front of the boat RULES !!!!!!

Motor man / Trolly guy (back of the boat setup) That's a lot of work while the front guy gets first cast on spots the guy in the back got ya to....come'on... Front angler has/'should have a big advantage.......Pros fish from the front of the boat for a reason.
My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The trolling motors usually have reverse.... IMO, it doesn't matter much. I've gotten my butt whooped from the front or back, whether I was controlling or not. A lake like Deep it doesn't matter AS much, because your fishing less obvious stuff. Example, Busse or Skokie Lagoons is loaded with laydowns, if your the one casting at every good looking nook and cranny first, obviously your going to get more bites. But at Deep, it's more weedline, weedbed fishing where those fish are just in the holes and edges. Git R Done!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.