Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the site finally got on had computer troubles logging on. But ya i fish at beck just about every other day and the fishing there is been terrible and the same with the Glenview lake. But i did notice that they did a weed kill or did something with the weeds. there where millions and millions of them and now theres a few by the shore and the fish are not hitting. But i found a lake that is not on the site. the lake at oakton community college. ive never caught such big bass as there i did. but anyway any new tips on beck i usally fish the far north end up to the bend of the hill. last year i caught amazing bass there and this year i dont think i recall one! talk to you guys later.

Tim

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Welcome to WCF, Tim!

I hate when they do the weed kills at Beck. I'll have to stop by and assess the the damage.

Looking forward to your reports!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
when did this happen??!! i cruised by to check it out a couple weeks ago and the weeds looked to be nice and thick in many parts of the lake. why did they go and do something like that. :evil:

btw, welcome aboard wcf!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmm not sure when it happend... But it was like weed city and if u had a canoe just pitch a senko and BAM a nice bass now its like u cant see, the lake isnt clear anymore, and i dont see any weeds growing out the island. its either a weed kill which i think it is because of all the muck. or we got some major rain which we really havent had that much to raise beck up.

Tim

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
bottom line is that.....weed killing is about allowing the weekend angular to
fish and enjoy the lake with friends and family. It's a bitch fishing from shore when every cast get snagged :twisted: ya It sucks(for the hard core) but it's an FP and everyone should be able to enjoy the park.

U want to fish some killer weeds hit Deep Lake :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.