Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what lures would you recomend for a lake that has a ton of grass growing in it. I went and fished the lake in my neighbor hood today. wooster lake if anyone is interested. didnt get a bite and spent most the day ripping seaweed off my lures and line after every class. thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
you have access to wooster,great lake,johnson weedless spoon with pork frog on it,you can rig any plastic weedless,swimbaits too, frogs,mice,lot of good stuff out there

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was using yum money minnow i rigged it wrong though so it wasnt weedless. what all is in there. i dont know anyone who has fished it. Thanks

erik

·
Registered
506 Posts
i was fishing heavy weeded area with robbiegill sat. we threw out floating cranks, and worked good for us. well more for him i got one crappie he got 5. but texrig works great too. good luck

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I just saw a fishing show that pointed out that algea is bad. So weeds good algea filaments bad. I like the money minnows, tuck the tip of the hook under the "skin" on the back to make it weedless. Also senkos are pretty weedless when done the same way. I also just picked up a johnsons silver spoon for weeds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.