Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7-5
well got out to ig around 11 and stayed till 3. Right off the bat boom a nice 15 inch bass hit my crank bait. Then I didnt get much after that untill about 1. Around 1 I got this little blue gill to take my jig head and then boom. A nice 4# eye nailed the gill. I was more worried about getting it in than fighting it. So I just ripped it right in and luckly my dad had the net. I didnt think the fish would get hooked but I guess it did. Then about hour later I get this nice 4 pound bass on a weightless plastic worm. Well my dad got it so I'm not going to take all the credit for it. It was a beast and put up a great fight.

7-6
got there around noon to try for some cats cause we alwayss get tons of em there. Stayed till 5 and we almost got the skunk but some blue gill helped out. The winds were coming out of the north I think pretty good at 20 mph. Untill last minute I got a huge gill and I decided to toss it by this bass that had to be 4+ pounds. So he hit it right away and ran the gill into the weeds all the way up shore and then tried to put it all in his mouth. He did then all of a sudden I lost him in the deep water. So I was confused I had no idea where he went. He was still on but I was figuring how I was going to set the hook since I had the gill hooked in mouth. I didnt even bothern to switch it to the tail. So I tried setting it any way possible until I pulled it out of his mouth. Damnn!!! Also I had it on a light rod so that would of been a battle. But it looked pretty cool to see the bass chsse it right up to shore and try to fit in its mouth.

Pixs coming within a day.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
sounds like you did very well>! when i was younger i would use Gills for big bass...i would use my ice rod and catch small ones...this sounds bad but i would thow the litte guy against some rocks on the shore and beat it up a little! then size 5/0 hook threw the back....that was my gill set up! it got me some big ones!

JayPee

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes catch and release of all species

here are some pics of the weat part of the lake that has the beach and were u rent the boats. of course u cant fish this area at all. i couldnt snap any pics of the bass cause they would move around to fast. this area has lots of carp and monster cats. people feed them constantly that is why they are there. also those fish in the picture are like maybe 30 feet away from the beach. imagine one of those suckers grabbing onto a little kids foot!! :shock:

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Using bluegill caught at IG for bait is illegal lol remember its CATCH AND RELEASE for all species :lol:

Nice fish :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.