Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from a 2.5 hour outing looking for some 'eyes. I'm just now getting the feeling back in my fingers... man was it wet & cold!

Finished the day with 6 and lost many more, especially towards the end of the outing as I could hardly feel my hands. One fish was 8-9", 4 were 12"-13", and one was a beauty at 17.5". Only managed one crappy pic of the average size due to the sideways rain. All came on an orange jig & 2" GULP jigging grub (pearl white color). Had some fatheads with me but kept losing 'em when I'd get caught on the zebra mussles, so I just tossed the jig & GULP and it paid off. Didn't see anyone else having any luck but and old-timer I gave my minnows to when leaving said he got a few crappie earlier in the day. Until my clothes dry & fingers thaw, good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It sure beats getting the skunk. Looks likes it was better more North from where I was fishin'

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey J Nap,

My guess based on feel and temp of nearby lakes would be low to mid 50's... maybe Dave had a temp gauge on his boat yesterday. With all the rain & run-off, I'm gueesing it may go up a tick, especially with the forecast for 70's & 80's !!! by end of the week.

On a side Fox note, a buddy at work hit up the Algonquin area on Friday and did get a nice smallie, so they're starting for sure :wink:

Good luck & good fishing!

Alex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.