Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Hey Will, welcome to the site.

I can definately suggest what might be caught with those lures. The only challenge is determining what size they are. Maybe throw a coin up along side them in another pic and I can tell fo sho.

The first pic has the twister tails which is an awesome bait. That bait can pretty much catch any panfish/predator depending on the size. Smaller chartreuse twisters can catch crappies and panfish. Larger chartreuse twisters can be used for pike and walleye.
Similar situation with the white twister tail. Smaller can catch white bass and crappies. Larger can catch smallies and walleye. The time of the season can have a huge impact on when these colors are most productive.

The second pic with the daredevil....smaller ones can be used for trout where larger ones can be used for pike.

The yellow jig to the right can be used for crappie depending on the size of the jig as well as walleye if you tip it with a minnow.

Hope this helps. I'm sure others have varied opinions on what these items catch but this is a little input from me.

JB

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think spoons and twistertails are top multi-species lures. Spoons are a bit underrated. I've caught largemouth bass, crappie, catfish and walleye on spoons, along with pike and trout. Same deal with twistertails.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are some pics for size.

So the best way to fish the spoon is to tie it to a pice of line and then tie the line to a snap swivel so my line does not twist rite? Also are these any good at catching bass or is the twistertail better for hat job?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.