Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nobody haven't post anything since apr 13!? well for me this last couple of days has skunk :evil: montrose skunk, but belmont looks promising I did not get anything because I was at the wrong side of the harbor. I was at the belmont side instead at the recreation side. I seen couple of guys 1 or 2 hrs apart but the first guy caught a good size coho about 19-21 inch! the second guy just got there and he worked the whole shore where the rocks are at then no less than 15 mins BAM! hooked one but right at the shore either the line snap or the fish got away but still it was a good fight!

·
Registered
401 Posts
been out there a couple times with rock on the boat, gotten a few, same as the usual, different spoons, different colors, trolling. didnt think saying the same thing over and over again was a very good report though :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
coo coo :) , I'm just trying to get my $6.50 inland trout stamp worth it thats why I have'nt been out to Montrose. Did you try the Montrose birdhouse area using large minnow under a bobber set-up? The last 2 trips I went there were productive. Give it a try.

·
Registered
401 Posts
if youre tryin to hook into some salmon/trout at LM i would suggest investing in a couple of nice casting spoons... try perch colored, and other baitfish variations as that's what the salmon and trout mainly feed on in LM. Also the live bait can work decent depending on the bite, how active the fish are, etc. Try some different things, though. I've heard some guys pullin em in on different crank baits, rat-l-traps, etc... but really the best suggestion for shore fishing for salmon/trout out there is to try different things and try them often. Always work with different colors. Out on the boat every time we've been out they've hit a different color.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.