Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides senkos, what has worked for you guys at Busse? The only lure I've had multiple strikes on is a chartrouse frog, but it's tough to hook em.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
chartreuse,chartreuse n white spinnerbaits with gold blades colorado.

·
Registered
702 Posts
The only fish i've caught there, a small blue gill, was on a chartruese minnow grub on a jighead. I think Jason has had good luck with minnow tipped jigs, also leech tipped jigs over near the dam and warm water inlet....

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
oh ya and ofcourse rebel pop r`s lol
Haven`t used live bait in 15 yrs never seen a use for it except for panfish.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After seeing the success you've had with the pop'r, I went out and bought a couple. I had a hit and man is it cool seeing the bass take it. It did spit it out cause I tried to set the hook too fast, but I didn't even care because of show the bass put on. I've heard the hookup is better if you add a bigger link on the rear teble.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Pop-r's are a great choice. I've also had luck at Busse with Rapala Shad Raps and Slug-go's.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Shallow Shad Raps work well for me, with eyes and bass. Perch seems to produce pretty well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are the Shad Raps basically crankbaits or is there a difference?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
baby -1 firetiger works great for me there. they run so shallow its great for skimming over top of the weeds.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I fished Busse yesterday for a little bit by the main dam. Didn't catch anything near the fishing wall, so I moved down toward the bridge and started hitting areas around downed trees and grassy areas. I caught a pair of small LM and a stuborn frog who snagged the same Yum Dinger 3 times. Apparently, whatever they put in those things really attracts frogs. My brother had the same problem at Schiller Pond with a frog. If anyone has small kids the fishing wall looks like a great place for bluegill. An older lady next to me caught like 5 in 15 mins and a small bullhead. I've been looking to expand the variety of hard baits in the tackle box and now I have an idea of what I'm going to buy.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
I've taken the senior citizens from the nursing home I work at to Busse and fish that same fishing wall. We have caught walleye, bass and catfish there, as well as panfish.

Try tossing a jointed shad-rap under the main dam, i've had luck with bass there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts