Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen people hook fish in the tunnel through the gate, but have never seen a fish landed. I often hear splashes in there as well. What fish is back there? Large bass? Or is it urban legend?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Alot of big fish. I have caught some bass in there that were around 3-4#s and couldnt get there heads through the bars. I have also caught eyes ranging from 18-26". I heard there are some monster pike in there too. The best way to fish that discharge is to get your waders on walk up to the discharge with an ice fishing pole baited with a large roach. Stick the ice fishing rod and your arm as far into the discharge as possible then cast as far into the darkness of teh discharge as possible and let if drift back to you. Believe me it works but the other anglers who fish around the WWD were not to happy.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Legend075 said:
Alot of big fish. I have caught some bass in there that were around 3-4#s and couldnt get there heads through the bars. I have also caught eyes ranging from 18-26". I heard there are some monster pike in there too. The best way to fish that discharge is to get your waders on walk up to the discharge with an ice fishing pole baited with a large roach. Stick the ice fishing rod and your arm as far into the discharge as possible then cast as far into the darkness of teh discharge as possible and let if drift back to you. Believe me it works but the other anglers who fish around the WWD were not to happy.
i can't believe you did that dude! lol. you must of stunk like condoms and laundry detergent for a week. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
CRAZY story legend! haha thats awesome!!!! who gave you that idea? nice fish as well geez. ive seen guys with like 1 ounce weights and fligning them in there from e side arm throw into the tunnel. get any pics legend of those eyes? congrats

·
Registered
144 Posts
John from Lee's told me once that the Water Reclamation Division had a camera inside the tunnel to check the tunnel for any damage. They said that large fish were swimming in the tunnel and they didn't think they could get thru the grates to escape. Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I heard that from John also. Hey I may have to go to bass pro and buy one of those rocket fishers or what ever they call it that shoots the lure straight out the end about 30' to 35' and give it a shot in the tunnel. I have heard over the years from a lot of people that there are some big fish in the tunnel.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Augy said:
Legend075 said:
i can't believe you did that dude! lol. you must of stunk like condoms and laundry detergent for a week. :mrgreen:
Ya the smell was pretty bad but hey you do alot of stupid things as a teenager. :D

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Fish81156 said:
I heard that from John also. Hey I may have to go to bass pro and buy one of those rocket fishers or what ever they call it that shoots the lure straight out the end about 30' to 35' and give it a shot in the tunnel. I have heard over the years from a lot of people that there are some big fish in the tunnel.
A small remote control boat. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Legend I have a video that my brother sent me about remote control boat if i can figure out how to post it I will. If anyone can help let me know.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
ha I remember you guys talkingn aboutu that at ELLY's very cool and that would totally work for the tunnel. SWEET! are boats allowed on the WCTT??? :lol: :lol: :lol: just kiddin.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.