Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fishing Skokie Lagoons last evening for about 1 hour. Did not catch anything but at least found few "quiet" spots I will check next time I go there. While fishing I saw something which really caught my eye.
8)
I saw two guys which pulled something like a surfboard from their car !!!........ : :eek: shock: :shock: :shock: And here I am thinking OK I am new to this country new to Skokie Lagoons but hm .......I don't see any wind or waves in here. :lol: Next thing I expected to see is a scuba diving team jumping into 6 feet of water. :lol:

Anyway, for few minutes I was not paying attention to what these guys were doing but after few minutes when I looked again this flat "piece of something" become a fishing boat. It was at least 10 ft long, was color grey and it had trolling motor and even swivel seats.......and it looked kind of cool. I had to go home and never had a chance to talk to them.

I already Google "folding boat" but can't find anything close to what I saw.
Question 1: Does anyone know what is this boat called or company name which makes it and is there any places in Chicago where I can see/ maybe test one?

Also one more thing I would like to ask here: (because I never seen anything like that before) :shock: :shock: :shock:
Question 2: Can "soda can" with fishing line wrapped around be legally use in US for fishing.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
That's it a port-a-boat. Maybe the same guys I have seen at Beck Lake
They had 3 in the boat :shock: and it looks funny but sure does work :lol:

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Thats funny. I had the same thing happen at Beck the other week. I thought they were going to set up for windsurfing, but it was a portaboat. :) If I didnt have the space for a trailer, I would defiantely consider one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all for above info.

Portabote website looks really cool but they don't show any prices there.
Anyone knows how much are these boats ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
wow i saw a couple guys use 1 of these a couple weeks ago, would never amagin they would cost over 700 bucks out the door for just the boat... looked very flimsy, but it floated. was actually gonna look into getting 1 if they were not too costly.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Bob Kimono said:
Question 1: Does anyone know what is this boat called or company name which makes it and is there any places in Chicago where I can see/ maybe test one?
Its called a Porabote. I have one. They are awesome!! Here's my thread I started when I got it. Been out town this week, but using is everyday in Michigan!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6945&hilit=mplant+new+toy

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mplant1 said:
Bob Kimono said:
Its called a Porabote. I have one. They are awesome!! Here's my thread I started when I got it. Been out town this week, but using is everyday in Michigan!

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6945&hilit=mplant+new+toy
I already own 12'. Got a good deal on 'craigslist' couple months ago.
Also I just purchased swivel seat brackets on Ebay. They are AWESOME!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Swivel-s ... iesQ5fGear

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi all, just wonder why that thread has so many more views than any of the others.
Are search engines indexing this site and then sending people over here!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.