Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
i love plastics, but im also a big fan of topwater. somethin about that explosion on the water as the bass hammers my lure is just not achieved by many other baits. i enjoy throwin my buzz baits and spinner baits quite a bit as well. favorite... has to be topwater

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like topwater lures. There is nothing like seeing a fish come up & hammer your lure. I get so excited I have to control myself or else I'll pull the lure away from the fish before he has it in his mouth.

I love the Zara Spook Jr. I can cast it along way & it walks the dog great.
I have caught more fish on that lure than anything else.

Another favorite is the Rapala X-Rap slash bait. I have it in purple & olive green. I have caught walleye & bass on both colors.

I haven't even gotten to spinner baits & buzz baits, but I have to go.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I really fish a lot of different things, so picking a favorite is hard. I guess if I would have to pick a favorite it would have to be plastics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I usually fish at Kankakee river and my favorite lures are 4 or 5" Yamamoto skirted double tail or Yum crawbug. I've heard good success on crankbaits at the river but not for me...

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I started concentrating on artificials 7 years ago. Was a live bait fisherman forever. Since that time i've discovered SO many productive lures for different conditions.

I would have to say that the most versatile lure and most productive lure has been the Senko.

Texas-rigged plastic worms have traditionally been the most successful lures for bass fishermen for years. The Senko, I believe, takes this approach to ne heights in it's simplicity to work for both the professional angler and the novice angler.

And I also LOVE the Rapala Husky Jerk. Sure, the X-Raps are the new craze, but the Husky Jerk has landed me several species of fish on many waters.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
1 Jitter Bug
2 Senko
4 Slugo
5 Husky Jerk

Wow.... if you don't catch a fish with one of these.......you fell a sleep in the boat !!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have only been fishing now for about a month and a half so my experience has been limited, but here is what has worked for me in order of effectiveness:

1. Senko
2. Spinnerbait
3. 3x Slugo

I hope to get more familiar with crankbaits and topwaters as the summer goes on so hopefully I can add those to the list sooner than later.

·
Registered
383 Posts
1) Zoom Baby Brush Hog or Super Hog (Green Pumpkin, texas-rigged with bullet weight)
2) Senko or Mann's Hardnose free-fall
3) Lunker City Fin-S Shad

lol, I guess plastics all around with me! :)

My favorite topwater would have to be a Storm Rattlin' Chug Bug, and favorite Crankbaits are Bomber 2A's both in a baby bass color or crawfish pattern.

·
Registered
702 Posts
assuming a variety of species:

1) senko - still end up throwing it when all else fails - its idiot proof so is well suited to me
2) spinner - inline and the other one i don't know what to call it
3) spoons
4) newly added x-rap 10
5) jig head

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.