Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Jason,

I too have wondered about that body of water. I see it everytime I'm cruising on 294 South. From what I gather, it's a large retention pond/lake in a commercial/industrial park. Always has looked promising, but never scouted any access points. Kudos to the 1st angler that does! Good fishing.

Alex

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Do you mean the angular looking one south of axehead across river road? If so it is in the center of three office buildings. The entrances are the driveways imediately west of the 294 underpass on Devon. I forgot that pond was even there. I have never fished it and dont know what the rules are. If one was going to fish it I would suggest going in the third (or last) driveway west of 294 underpass and driving straight back aroung the west building to access the pond. From my few experiences in those offices, I would say security on the grounds is lax or non-existent. I would guess that it is probly pretty deep, if it was dug for filler material to raise the expy. like all other lakes along it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Back in the day, I used to do deliveries in that office park and always wanted to hit it. I still drive past it on my way home from werk and still wonder. Maybe one day I will try it or at least do some recon to see if there are any signs up.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Back in high school I had a buddy who did web design for one of the companies in those buildings. I'll shoot him an email and see if he ever saw anyone fishing it.

In the mean time I agree with Alex: Kudos to the first WCF who fishes it!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I'm going tonight! Its on my way home, and the last time I stopped at axehead on a cloudy day the fp cop asked me to leave so he could close it at 5:45. It was only me fishing and one other guy walking, but I think if they say sunset it should stay open till sunset. That office park never closes!

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
As a matter of fact I just informed the wife I will be going to the trout opener. It seemed to go ok. But you know I don't fish where you guys like to fish, but I do seem to catch the most fish when I'm standing next to you. Out of respect for you I won't bring up the results of the last time we went fishing for trout. :D cough9 cough cough to cough cough2. Don't use your admin features to edit me Augy :D :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well I hope that you are all happy, you're like friggin' crack dealears. I was driving on 90 last night, and I saw that very same lake. Almost broke my neck, trying to scope it out. Now I'm looking at every retention pond, drainage culvert, and manhole cover, wondering if there are any fish in them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.