Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go with my PB pike. I also caught more 4 lb.+ bass this year then I have since I was a kid. It is going to be a long winter!!!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts

seriously, probably a 19" bass.and that good run for the spring trout at axehead with multiple trout over 19".

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I didn't catch many really big fish this year. My biggest LMB was probably this one:

My largest fish was one that I didn't get a picture of. It was a 24" Coho salmon that I caught from the South Rocks early in the fall.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I had alot of PB's this year including a 20 3/4" LMB, but this one has to take the cake. Then again the year aint over yet. :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Actually, that LMB was only 3lbs 14oz on my scale. It looks a lot bigger than that, but that's all it weighed. :(

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
My best fish was the pike in my avatar picture. but my favorite catch of the year was this 32" Salmon.

I was on Washington Island enjoying some drinks when I decided to stumble down to the harbor and get my line wet. The Salmon took my bait on the first cast! However, I didn't have a net with me at the time. I had to walk the fish up and down a bunch of piers for about a quarter mile until I found a shallow spot that I could walk into. It was a blast.

I should have eaten the fish but decided to let him go. I think it was a chinook salmon but am not sure. Check out my face; you can tell I'm half in the bag!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
After being a whiney little bitch that I hadn't caught any fish during this Deep Lake WCF outing, I wound up catching my best bass of the year - 20".

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I think I busted my cherry to soon this year This is a 3# from a Deep Lake turny in early May I didnt get meny pics this year But I have a phone camera now so hopefully next year will be better.But a bad day on the water is better than a good day at work

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
My biggest fish of the year was also my worst pic of the year.
I didnt get any weight or measurement on it ,but here it is.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I can't decide...! Thanks to WCF and the tips/suggestions I received here I caught 2 of my 3 favorite fish of the year.

Here's my first big-bass of the summer, an 18" probably 2.5 lb bass out of The Glen (Pearl Laminate 5" Yum Dinger) Caught just south of the southern most pier at that little point -- heard about this spot after reading WCF reports.

Here's my second big-bass of the summer, 19" and 3lb 0oz out of Deep Lake (5" Green Pumpkin or Watermelon senko)

And just about a month ago I set my personal record for biggest largemouth out of a local residential pond down in Champaign, IL. 21" and 5lb 10oz (Texas-rigged black w/ blue fleck sweet beaver)

It has indeed been a great year of fishin for me!!! After not fishin for year or so, this past year has been an awesome fishing year. Especially being introduced to all of you guys here and Deep Lake! :D

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Thx for fixin the pic for me Adam :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts