Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I was out on the lake I saw this bottom contour. I didnt mark any fish, but it looks ideal. Yes? No?

How would you fish this and for what species, time of year etc... etc...

Species present: LMB,SMB,Walleye,Crappie,Pike,Chanel Cats

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
What lake, Mrb? I'd also like to see that map zoomed out a bit.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Regardless of other factors/all things considered the way water would flow in that area would make it ideal for a predator species to lie in wait in either of the two "depression spots" to ambush prey. The other spot that would stick out to me is along the sloping incline. I notice in LM when the sun gets low on the horizon you can sometimes see predator fish cruising areas where rocks have fallen in and created a similar sloping incline.

For smallies in the two depression areas I would work a finesse bait(jig of some sort). Fish in that area are probably going to be less active than fish cruising the slope in the evening. Those fish are on the prowl and actively feeding. Sinking crankbait or multi-blade spinnerbait would be my choice in that situation.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I would do what I always do, toss out a senko where ever I think there is cover and hope for the best. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Jnap is absolutely right on the money. Those "depression" areas are the place to work. Especially that second one.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah, wish I could help but I suck at deep-water fishing.

I agree with Augy and Top, toss out a senko and let it sink 22 feet, a fish is going to have to hit it on that giant fall.. lol :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts