Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
let's hear em. i know you guys are eyeing something in that bass pro catalog?

me, i'm looking to pick another daiwa casting rig. my current one is medium heavy but looking to pick up a medium. i'd really love to put them on a couple g.loomis rods but DAMN! i could buy 2-3 nice combos for the price of one rod. Aris has some and they are SWEEEEEET!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
I want a boat. Not a big cigarette boat or anything like that. But rather a small john-boat I can easily take out on the forest preserve lakes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ditto for me. I'm looking for a boat. Thought I came up with a solution by getting an inflatable, but I can't bring it out on any of CCFPD lakes.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Any one thought of splitting a boat? A few guys in the area sharing a boat.

good Idea or Bad?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I want to get a trolling motor & battery to take out to Deep Lake and wherever else. I think it'd be a good investment esp. b/c you can rent a boat for real cheap on so many different lakes and pop that sucker right on there and you'd be set.

Anybody sellin one for real cheap?? lol

I too, dream of the day I'll get a G-loomis casting rod with a $200 dollar reel..... :Drool:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Since I already have no shortage of tackle, I think that I would like to get a MH setup. After that I am still dreaming about a bass boat. Like I said, dreaming since my wife will probably never let me get one.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well doc, you can get that bass boat. you just gotta buy the wife a very big shiny rock or a new lexus and your good to go. :wink:

mike, you can fish with me in my canoe if you'd like. it's not a bass boat, but it's a boat nonetheless. it floats and you can fish off it. it's a fishing boat to me.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
LM bass boat is the only piece of fishing equipment I don't already own and can make myself :) Next year Lake Mich smallies will live in fear of the creature that lurketh above hehehe.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Thanks Augy. We should hit Beck or maybe Busse some day

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I know Augy, that is what I am worried about. If I spend that kind of money on a bass boat, she is going to expect me to spend the same amount of money on her!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
G.Loomis bronzeback series ultralight poll and of course a real bass boat!

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Wish list item would be a house on a lake (heck it's a wish list right)
someday. I have been looking around for about a year now.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
A house with my own private stocked pond would be my ultimate wish, but I was trying to be realistic.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
A house on a lake would be the ultimate,but it would have to have smallies.

·
Registered
453 Posts
BassCaster said:
Wish list item would be a house on a lake (heck it's a wish list right)
someday. I have been looking around for about a year now.
If you live in Park Ridge, Murphy Lake on Dee Road would be a perfect place to have a house and go fishing. I've fished there about four times (I had friends there) and it was the most fun I've had bass fishing. There are some really nice sized bass in there along with some northern. There's also Park Lake across the street with houses on it, but I don't know if it has fish in it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My cousin and his neighbors have fished at Murphy's Lake and they say it's the sh*t. I think I'd rather have a house there than a boat.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sheesh!!! all i wanted was a another baitcast rig. now we're talking about houses with a private lake stocked with smallies! whoa! yous right, if i'm gonna dream, dream big. :wink:

i want a 10k sqft house, the only house, on a private 300 acre lake with water clear as gin with all kinds of fish and nothing under 4lbs, a big dock with a tournament ready Ranger with a turbo charged 500 horse motor, and have an all female house staff of ms. january thru december playmates to feed me grapes while i fish.

time to go buy a lottery ticket!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts