Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the big doctor spoon, gold. A true Big pike killer. Every year this bait dominates all other baits for big northern within our group of guys over the last 25 years.

others would include mepps musky killer, rapala f18, and giant gold saltwater Rebel.
Im Still brainstorming for sping in ontario. Im going to experiment with some more swimbaits, and try 8 inch senkos again (cought one 39 incher on a senko, but I didnt use it much).

What do you guys prefer for those 40+ inch critters?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oOoo, i forgot about the minnow rap. I just discovered that bait last year, and it flippin Rocks for waleye, bass, and pike. I gotta bigger one too, but they dont really make those in big enough profile for trophy northern. im definitely gunna use it for the walleye up there tho and im sure ill catch plenty o snake northern on it.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
I've done well on large discountinued Lindy Shadlings. I also like SuperShadRaps. All my Canada experience is early in the year, so lots of the big pike are up shallow and lethargic. My favorite bait for either trolling or fancasting large mud bays would have to be a large Husky Jerk. In the early season they really hammer it on the pause.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.