Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, anybody been getting out to Twin Lakes? Haven't seen a report in a long time. :? You guys really should get out there. The bass action is starting to heat up. I myself an ultralight angler and have doing pretty good with a long crappie pole, just throwing a tiny hair jig, getting tons of decent bluegill, and some decent bass (they really put up a great fight on 4 pound test). By the way, anybody ever catch any carp here? I've seen some decent 20-30 pounders cruising around, but never seen one being caught.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
I was out there a Month ago and Ran into SARGE, Really Nice guy. The first 15 Minutes we were there me and my buddy both got a bass. We worked half of the Lake and ended up with 5 bass, biggest being only about 15 inches. Pointers, Senko's, and Jigs were what we threw. Most Bass I have caught there were not much over 12 inches. But I have seen some Monsters cruising the shoreline before.

Dave

· Registered
216 Posts
I caught my p.b. largemouth there about a month ago on a Dinger. I haven't gotten the chance to fish since.

Here's my post from 9/3:

"I caught two bass after sunset. I was happy with the first, but the second was seriously fat and right around 21" imprecisely measured against my rod. It's actually my personal best, a little bigger than one I caught within ten feet of the spot two years ago. I caught them on Dingers, in a well-lit, wave-whipped sandy/weedy stretch. In the past few seasons, the drop to more comfortable temperatures this time of year has led to some great fishing at this lake."

· Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you guys catch these bass on? I've tried a little purple twister on a jig, and have gotten tons of little ones, but I can't seen to hook into some bigger ones. What do you guys recommend?

· Registered
144 Posts
HSFish my brother about three weeks ago caught a 7-10 pound carp believe it or not on a crankbait off the second pier by the rocks. Dave (Wrenchingfishing) that was a great day fishing for both of us and you sharing your skills with lures. That day I caught 5-6 bass mainly on jigs tipped with a minnow. Knew your truck from past posts. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
SARGE said:
HSFish my brother about three weeks ago caught a 7-10 pound carp believe it or not on a crankbait off the second pier by the rocks. Dave (Wrenchingfishing) that was a great day fishing for both of us and you sharing your skills with lures. That day I caught 5-6 bass mainly on jigs tipped with a minnow. Knew your truck from past posts. Thanks for the info.
Sarge, I'm sure I will see you out there again sometime. Take Care and Good Luck Fishing! 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.