Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey Reticnation,

I live by Busse too about 5 minutes away but I do most of my fishing at the Fox. I was out in St Charles Sunday afternoon fished from 1pm -4pm and did ok with 7 smallies bewteen 10-14" and a couple of small waldos. I was working a med size rebel crawdad in the fast current. Since last week, the river has rised about 2 ft and the current is kicking so wading was pretty tuff in the current. The stretch I fish on the fox is from Algonquin to St Charles for Smallies. In my opinion the St Charles area is great in numbers but the size of the smallies there are not that big but occasionally you get a 17+inch or bigger. Further up north around the Carpentville / Algonquin area the smallies are bigger but are scarace. But if you find a school of smallies man you'll catch smallies between 14-18" until your arm and should falls off. The baits I tend to use is small shallow crankbaits in crawfish patterns, inline spinners in black and sliver work pretty well, tubes, and you can't go wrong with a minnow and bobber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.