Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sat me and my buddy are headed out to Beck with a canoe to try some fishing. I was wondering where the good spots are during the winter (depths)? Would the fish be shallow or deep?

I don't know if I will be able to catch anything but I do know it will be fun and I can say that I fished Beck on a canoe in January! :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Sean, Aris(Culprit) is the authority on Beck. He and Bassman have been fishing it for many years. I would try the deeper areas and stay away from shore.

Good luck with Beck. There are some great opportunities there. The only problem is that they are few and far between any month of the year, far less during the month of January.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
ur best bets would be the deep holes right infront of the launch and the deep hole right before the inlet on the south side.

crappie would probably be ur best bet,if u have a depthfinder ur in business.

for bass try the northwest corner in the deeper water with jigs n tails or tube jigs

for the crappie use fatheads who knows might even come up with an elusive Beck lake walleye.

good luck Sean !

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tips guys! If anyone else has a boat they should come out on saturday and give it a try. I bet it won't be as crowded as the WWD :p LOL!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
This is my first post on any thing like this, and I am looking forward to getting a lot of useful info from all members. But waht I'm really looking forward to is getting on some LMB tomorrow at Beck! Wish us luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had to get an account on this site just to reply to this thread. There ARE walleye in Beck lake, this spring I caught a HUGE one. It was the only walleye I've ever seen out of there, but it was also the biggest walleye I've ever caught. I take fishing trips a lot and Beck Lake is the home to my biggest bass and biggest walleye....

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
doesn`t surpise me 1 bit ! :)

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Dr. Bass, are you saying that you caught the walleye this year, or last spring? Is there even open water there yet?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Welcome to WCF dr. bass! havent' had the honor of catching an eyeball at beck yet but like culprit said, doesn't surprise me one bit. beck is lunker or skunker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I caught it last year, there isn't open water as of yet from what I hear, but soon. Here's the pics of my biggest walleye and bass. The walleye was 4.5 lbs and i think around 24" and the bass was 21" and 5 lbs. The walleye was the only decent fish I caught there last year, I think the CCFP threw the herbicide in the water before teh weeds actually came in. Something was up with Beck last year because it's usually choked with weeds, but it never got like that last year. Ice fished it couple times this year small crappie and gils, but at least we had action.

·
Registered
702 Posts
jimminy crickets!!!! that's Photoshop'd!!! that can't be Beck! I believe you, I am just amazed that those things came from Beck. You must have good skills! congrats on the job well done!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
holy bass and walleye batman!!! sweeet fish dude.

beck was horrible last year. hoping my backyard pond will be better this year.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Nice fish ..what kind of boat do you have ?

Beck with a boat .....nice

1 - 20 of 30 Posts