Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going there tomorrow, would like to go walleye fishing, was wondering what depths, methods, bait, lures, (colors) work and what part of the lake.. thanks

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
When we actually targetted them 6-7 years ago we go down to the far end in 15 feet and jig off the bottom with leeches, we got there early just at light and would do well . We would fish just straight out from the island with the big house on it. Also did ok in front of grey condos in 20 feet drifting with a piece of crawler on a minmite just off the bottom. We never got anything big back then maybe 16-17 at most. Bridge at launch is also always a option, if you hit it right.

·
Super Moderator
6,230 Posts
Coyote is giving you some great tips. The eye guys out there are tight lipped but I have learned a few things the last few years. The gurus out there will tell you to think shallow. Less then five feet at night or at low light. Mostly a jerkbait bite. I had one morning were we did well with that method but mostly we end up with pike and bass. The locals REALLY hit that method in the Fall as well. Some guys even tear it up from shore. This year, the eyes I have caught have been trolling LC pointers in about 8 feet on a cloudy day. Nothing too big though. Another popular summer method is night fishing with slip bobbers and leeches. Yacht Club, Willow Point, Browns channel, bridge areas, etc are all popular spots. I wish I had more time to delve into that type of fishing. Good luck with em :wink:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the tips, what depths would you guys fish at night, slip bobers, and jiggin. also what depths do you think would be good for spinners, rigged on bottom bouncers or slip weights? during the day and night,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.