Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Where to fish for the eyes...

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  pezdek1 
#1 ·
so i see that the walleye have been bitin on the fox. i work righ out off I90 and randall road and was wondering if theres anywhere close by there with fishing acess to the river for some walleye. i havent hooked into a walleye in a couple years and would love to get ahold of a few. i see the methods used for em, but need to know where there is access to areas with walleye near to my work so i can stop after or before work some time :D

#2 ·
Try voyagers landing on the NW side of the bridge. I here its good, but I havent had success there, but I also never really hit it too hard. Also under the bridge on both sides can be good. PM me if you want to meet up sometime, if I can, I will meet you. :D

#5 ·
Walleye reside throughout the Fox River. The western suburbs are really the best places to catch them. Under the dams would be your best bet. But they are other places as well.

Nightcrawlers worked off the bottom with walleye rigs (a spinning blade followed by a long leader) or leeches when they become available (which should be soon) would be good choices.

Also try a jig and minnow (large fathead) around brush and structure. It will likely be a shy bite so be ready.

#7 ·
The closest dam is south of I90 at the elgin dam near the boats. C-ville dam a few miles North and Algonquin Dam a few miles N from there.

I believe what you see is voyagers landing. If you are coming from the West take 90E to 31N First light make a right then make another right at the T-intersection and follow the road down. You will see a FP sign on the left, go in there. The area has alot of timber and a boat launch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.