Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.... next weekend i plan on either going downtown to either fish Burnham harbor or the Chicago River. Will prob. do Chicago River. The only problem is I DONT KNOW ANYPLACE TO Fish the river. I looked on the site and i found a boat launch on western ave. And i also found a fishing wall at like 51st and Francisco. I want to catch carp lmb and small mouth bass. Where would be the best place i could go to fish the river for these fish. THATS NOT FROZEN OVER I am gettin sick and tired of Ice fishing :cry: . So if you could help me that would be great.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
If you want to hit some open water.. I would also take busse into consideration.. some dams are opened up and walleye can be found, or you can fish the WWD for bass, walleye, and pike... I don't know much on the Chicago River, so I don't have any advice on it. But it is a great River for LM. I just thought I would add busse in as you are getting sick of ice fishing :wink:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pokerguy45 said:
Howard and McKormick is a great spot. Lots of carp and bass. No smallmouth bass though.
call me stupid but howard and mcKormcik r streets right. Are they on south side or north side of chicago. Im lookin for some place on the south side if possible. Thanks ill do research on it though

·
Registered
421 Posts
You can get down to the chicago river at Western and also at Ashland. On Western and 31st there is a new Park with a launch,Ashland you can get to the water at the barge turnaround on the east side of Ashland.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.