Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the board and looking for any suggestions on which lakes or rivers I should try fishing. I am looking for a place that I can get a bass boat out on. I recently moved back to the Schaumburg area and I am not sure if there are any lakes within a couple hour drive that have decent bass fishing. I spent the last summer fishing Delavan but I would like to try some other lakes.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Theres soo many to list man. Even in IL. some southern lakes are good. You have Lake Michigan Smallies, Calumet River, The Chain, Bangs, Round, Twin Lakes, wi, Lac-Labelle Lake in Oconomowoc, Fowler Lake in Oconomowoc as well. Golden Lake is a small but good lake in Ocon..., wi as well. You also have eagle lake in WI. Its where the state record bass came from up there. I believe they planned on draining it last year though and getting rid of the carp. :? There are tons of lake man. The fox is good for smallies. But the more towards the chain ya go. you will start to find some largemouth. Also the Cooling Lakes, Lasalle and Heidecki. Hedieckis plant is shut down. the water is probably around 48 right now. Lasalle is still running and is warm on one side and cold on the other. You have some nice stripers, smallies and Largemouths in their. This should get ya started.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WrenchingnFishing said:
Theres soo many to list man. Even in IL. some southern lakes are good. You have Lake Michigan Smallies, Calumet River, The Chain, Bangs, Round, Twin Lakes, wi, Lac-Labelle Lake in Oconomowoc, Fowler Lake in Oconomowoc as well. Golden Lake is a small but good lake in Ocon..., wi as well. You also have eagle lake in WI. Its where the state record bass came from up there. I believe they planned on draining it last year though and getting rid of the carp. :? There are tons of lake man. The fox is good for smallies. But the more towards the chain ya go. you will start to find some largemouth. Also the Cooling Lakes, Lasalle and Heidecki. Hedieckis plant is shut down. the water is probably around 48 right now. Lasalle is still running and is warm on one side and cold on the other. You have some nice stripers, smallies and Largemouths in their. This should get ya started.
Are all these lakes open to the public? Are there restrictions on motors? Is it possible to fish the fox from a boat? I have never seen anything but pleasure boats out there. Planning on fishing Lasalle soon. Hopefully weather cooperates.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The ones you highlighted, yes they are all acessible by boat. Just a speed limit 40mph on bangs lake and a 20 or 25 dollar launch fee. But for Round Lake I am not 100% sure about boat access there, but I believe its just a fee like bangs. For WI lakes they mostly just have speed limit restrictions posted at the launches. The usual no wake zone, etc... Okauchee Lake is a good bass lake as well as a good Muskie Lake, No speed limit there. Lake Geneva is a for sure Go as well as Delavan when the Opener comes around.
You also have Pewaukee Lake within 2 hours from here. Just past Milwaukee on 94 off towards Madison, exit 83 I believe. Right up the road going Northbound.... The Fox has some access. Watch your lower unit in some areas and stretches of the river though. But like "Port of Barrington" has tons of channels to flip and pitch for some bass. Lots of schoolies at times when pitching a Jig at the docks or steel beams walls and such, tons of structure in certians area... This is just my preference of bodies of water I have fished and done well at in times past. I am sure some other people can help ya out as well. Hope it helps.

I forgot as well, For the pleasure boaters. Its tough to deal with sometimes. But at the Chain, you will need a sticker as im sure you know. But your best bet would get out on crappy days and morning or night bites when its the spring or fall (Chain sucks in the summer). Bangs lake has a no wake zone unil 10am. I guess it matters exactly what your looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.