Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
i think im heading to donut lake on wed. to fish for some muskies. never been there before so just wondering where should i fish??? any help would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
about 11 years ago I saw a guy in waders land a huge one... i belive it is on the wall in the concession/ clubhouse thing.

he was fishing to the left of the deck where you can sit down and eat on the water...fan casting toward that island.

it was 40+ I would say....but I was also a lot smaller back then.

JayPee

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I think the guy who owns salmon stop used to personally stock the musky there. He said he stopped because they wouldnt post any signs with size limits and some guy took a few musky out in a bucket the day after he last stocked them.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you're really serious about catching a musky, I wouldn't go here. I have heard that the Chain holds muskies, but I'm not an expert on this. This lake is decent for bass and some very decent panfish both in numbers and some good ones in size.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I say walk the lake a few times, cast your arm off, switch baits. Pound the hell out of it! There is still Skies in there!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Shabbona has muskies... Raised a few last year and also caught a baby... Fire some bucktails out there when it gets warmer... - BPM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.