Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Cant really say with all the crazy weather we been having. Some anglers are telling me its almost over and some are telling me its just starting.
I notice the last few King I've caught are dark and not Silver. I also notice in some of the Harbors signs of dead Salmon but not alot. The Cohos and Steelheads are starting to come in now been catching more steelhead than Kings.

I'm planning to head to Kenosha or Waukegan tomorrow early AM. Its pretty much a coin toss.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Depends how many fish are coming in. It's Give or take really maybe just hitting it right in the middle, You'll see the brown salmon swimming around, you'll see the dead salmon but then again in the mix of it all you'll still see beautiful Silver salmon caught. This week is when we'll get are real answer with the great weather were having, But then again with all the Big bass moving shallow and feeding on shad very aggressively i have time before i hit some more salmon I have caught one at Belmont about a week ago. But As i said i believe were right in the middle were you'll see both good and bad fish caught. Could also be the calm before the storm if you will, With the weather we've been having We could get a whole new harbor full of beautiful Silvers.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
George W said:
Depends how many fish are coming in. It's Give or take really maybe just hitting it right in the middle, You'll see the brown salmon swimming around, you'll see the dead salmon but then again in the mix of it all you'll still see beautiful Silver salmon caught. This week is when we'll get are real answer with the great weather were having, But then again with all the Big bass moving shallow and feeding on shad very aggressively i have time before i hit some more salmon I have caught one at Belmont about a week ago. But As i said i believe were right in the middle were you'll see both good and bad fish caught. Could also be the calm before the storm if you will, With the weather we've been having We could get a whole new harbor full of beautiful Silvers.
What are you catching the big bass on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.