Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a 300 yrd spool of line for my main bassin' line. One too many break-offs left me fairly short so it was time to respool.

I take off the remaining line and grab the new line. I open the box and yeah... just a LITTLE shy of 300 yrds huh? Obviously some jackass filled his reel with line then claimed whatever and returned it to Amazon for what I'm sure was a full refund. Then of course someone in returns never checked and just added it back to the supply lines. It really burns me up though. Oh and the 'Quality Inspected' sticker is just taunting me as well! Okay, rant over.
Gas Automotive lighting Circle Electric blue Rim

·
Registered
554 Posts
Same thing happened to me I ordered a water pump replacement kit for my boat motor the kit came with used parts in it kept me off the river in extra 2 weeks

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Heard that about fishing lines, even at the big box stores. Guys will respool off the 300 yards then return the remaining line and boxing to unaware employee. A person has got to be a real pos to do that. I usually get line at the stores and always check to make sure there full.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, some people... shakes head Ofc the new line isn't arriving on time for today's planned outing so I grabbed an old backup reel from my shelf instead. Both had line, so I picked the one with the heaviest looking line, but it may be a surprise when/if I get a fish on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Not sure if they feel they are jilting the big box stores or understand they are screwing fellow sportsman but likely among the trash throwing littering bunch that keep more than their daily limit, keep undersized fish, and have little regard for fishing guidelines in general or others property. :(:poop:(n)

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've actually now had to contact the manufacturer as I got a 2nd exactly like the first, and you cannot possibly tell me the line in my first post is 300 yrds! A guy in reviews on Amazon actually mentioned he had to contact them directly as he also felt there wasn't enough line on his spool when he received it... so the saga goes on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts