Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i go there almost everyday catching lots of fish such as bass,lots of bullheads, carp, crappie, goldfish and tons of bluegills lol. My name is miguel and im also new here so just wanted to get to know people around here who do fish at axe. peace

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
Take a look at the previous posts on the Axehead forum Miguel. You'll find several of us have put in quite a bit of time at Axehead over the past couple of years.

Not a lot of lunkers, but some good times nonetheless.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Didn't they used to stock that with trout? My dad used to fly fish out there when he couldn't go to some stream in Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have done some trout fishing there but the trout they stock in there are small like 10-12 inches.

I do my trout fishing in West Branch Deep Quarry. They stock 15-24 inchers in there.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
I fished AxeHead a lot last year. For me I caught them on the point and on the south end with senkos, slugos and some top water baits....The bass are small so this year i have been fishing Belleau and "The Pond" more. There just up the street and have bigger bass and better surroundings.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
There's something about Axehead that I really like, but I can't describe it. Anyhow, I'm there every so often - once a month at least.

Hope to meet you out there some day. You should try to make it to the trout opener. That's how I met several of the guys here.

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Fishthoughts said:
What I really didn't enjoy this year was the Itch Mites / Chiggers that I got there this year. Damn, they were really, really itchy.
They only happen after the 17 years cicadas. So you can fish there for the next 16 years and never see 1...LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.