Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
I put a reply to your question on the other thread. Braidwood is not quite what it used to be. Your best bet if you like exploring a bit is to check out Mazonia Lakes which is right next to it.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
Basszilla said:
FishinMatt,
Where were them bass in your avatar caught? I could only dream of catching a bass that size. Dont mean to pry, but nice fish! Had to of been in Texas or Georgia or something right?
I wish :lol: Dupage County Park. Its my buddies spot so I can't disclose the location, but it is public and open to anyone.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
DPRFisherman said:
a guy at bps told me muskie fishing is pretty good there
My first fish at Braidwood was actually a tiger musky in 1994. I have not heard of one caught there in quite some time though. Same with the walleyes, hybrids, etc. They just seemed to vanish many years ago.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. With the boilng hot temps of that lake in the summer, I would say there are not any left. I'd love to proven wrong though.

·
Super Moderator
6,273 Posts
The last few years have been dreadful. Most of the Braidwood reports this Spring have been positive though. There are still a small amount of 3 and 4lb fish and some of stocked fish are finally getting up to 14-15''s. As long as they don't have any major fish kills and get some kind of recruitment with spawning fish, the next few years should be good. Judging from what I have read this year I think I will actually put the boat on it next March. It used to be a ritual for me but it has been a few years now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.