Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took half the day off from work and fished around the main dam at Busse. On my very first cast a nice 16 LMB pounded my Texas rigged, black and purple specked Senko in the west corner above the dam. Then the I got skunked the rest of the day. Oh well. I finally made my way to the WWD and as I got there I was shocked to see that the entire surface of the water was covered in a thick layer of white suds. This is not the first time I've seen strange stuff come out of there. Last fall I was there and suddenly a huge influx of bright green liquid began flowing from the grate. It was instantly killing off tons of fish. I know that this is treatment plant water but it seems weird that they occasionally dump this stuff.

Another observation today. The WWD is a mess! Trash everywhere! It pisses me off when I see this kind of misuse. There were three guys there in lawn chairs today with a nasty looking dog that had a big thick chain around its neck. They were smoking and drinking and tossing stuff all over the place, flipping butts in the water. These guys were right out of the movie Deliverance. No DNR in sight. I had not been down there in a while and I was blown away on how bad it has gotten. As WCF members lets be the ones to lead out in keeping these fishin' holes clean.

Kevin

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Sad to see that type of misuse. TheFP's are cleaned by the "convicts"..I see them out at AxeHead cleaning up from time to time. It's there day out in the sun I guess. Still no excuse to trash the place. Take out what ya brought in.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I noticed about a month ago, that some SMF blew up the pvc recepticle for fishing line. Morons like this can only screw it up for the rest of us.

P.S. The guys at the Busse woods boathouse also look like they're fom the Deliverance road crew. You know, only got five teeth, two in their pocket, three in their head.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
People like that are scumbags and dont deserve the privilege of using these places. :evil: You guys should check out some of the areas on the fox, its ridiculous.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I hate it to but maybe instead of complaining(I DO )
lets as a WCF members maybe clean a lake up once
a month with the permission of the DNR
or FP make a sign up saying WCF
clean this up, do your part now?

I think it would be nice that we take
one Sunday afternoon of our time to
try to hit a lake or two?
Northsiders/Southsiders?
I nominate Augy for the head of the job....

Make a fish fry out of it or something like that?

BTW Jason thanks for fixing the cursor

rockfish

·
Registered
428 Posts
There are some good spots @ Busse if you have a boat. Get away from all the bucketheads. There is a lot of water to fish there. But you need to go to spots that don't get hammered all the time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i think rock has a pretty damn good idea there. we can take a day out of our own fishing and go clean up a lake or two. then maybe turn it into a fish fry like he said. could be a blast!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maybe get a local boy scout troup or girl scout troop involved in a cleanup to? Last week when i was out at Lake Arlington there was a girl and boy scout troop and boy did they do a good job there. Maybe like, take a kid fishing type thing?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.