Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey WCF,
Well... I got to get out on the Illini bass club's bass boat yesterday with a few of the guys. We fished Clinton Lake (which is a powerplant lake) in 30 degree air temps and 20-25 mph wind!!! (The water temp should have been around 45 degrees, but it was actually 39 b/c the strong wind was pushing against the WWD (which was in a restricted area) so the warm water wasn't helping much at all.

But, as far as winter bass fishing goes one of the guys in the club actually pulled out a 3.7 lb LMB fishing a small jig and pig VERY slowly along a rip rap wall in 39 degree water!!! So, just wanted to say that... fish ARE catchable in this cold weather...... even though we fished 8 hours and only 1 fish was caught... there is hope to catchin fish in this cold weather! sigh* I just wish I could catch one... Are there are any other lakes with a WWD other then busse around? I'll be home in a week........ anybody want to fish? heh

:D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Your bass club has a bass boat? Man, I went to the wrong school! Try hitting up the Northshore Channel of the Chicago River around Howard Street. If you want to go on a Wednesday, let me know.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This wednesday? Blah I still have a week of finals ahead of me... but after tthis upcoming week i'll be home for a month. Did you guys still want to make a WCF Bass Pro Shops run? :D

Toothdoc, we actually have "two" bass boats... except the other one only fits 2 people and its really really old with two giant chairs in the middle, u know the old school ones. Both were donated from a professor I believe 1-2 years ago. It's been like a dream come true though fishing off the front deck of a bassboat with my foot on one of those newer trolling motors with the pedals. :lol:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Tim, any Wednesday. I have them all off. A bunch of us are planning on going to BPS this Saturday since there is going to be some seminars. Hopefully you'll be home and be able to join us.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
that's a nice looking boat. but where's the outboard?? didn't know they made bass boats with i/o. then again, i'm not the most knowledgable boater! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Heh, yeah I'm not too sure b/c I don't know much about boating at all but yeah I think there's this like... case you can lift up in the back and the outboards in there (?) lol all I know is that it went crazy fast and I had to duck the whole time otherwise splash and the wind would have just owned me b/c it was freeeeezein :D

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
It's definitely not an outboard. It's an inboard/outboard. It has a car engine under the deck and the lower unit of an outboard outside the boat. Anyway, I have never seen a bassboat with anything buy and outboard before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts