Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the river with some friends and fished 3 days straight. First As You All Know, Delton Lake is just a mess and so is the drive there and back. What should have taken 3 hours took us 7 hours to get there and 6 hours to get back. We arrived Friday the 13th and fished until Today the 15th. The water was extremely high. We fished above the Dells Dam near castle rock area. We were jigging for walleye most of the time but mostly ended up with a bunch of cigar walleye. We just couldn't get onto the big ones. We were jigging with 1/4 oz jigs with a chub or fathead. We would get into small cats as well. I tried throwing some jigs and jerkbaits along the rocks looking for some smallies. I even tried in some slack water and eddies with no avail. Fishing was for sure tough. The river was about 3 or 4 feet higher than normal. It was fun and the river is just beautiful once the waves come down. I only snapped a few pics. Nothing was really worth taking a picture of. Oh yea, we did catch about a 15 lb common carp. We didnt want it in the boat so we just cut the line once he came to the boat. It's no fun trying to get carp slime and smell out of a boat. LOL :lol: All in all, The river was too high. I checked out hawks beak area in the dells, and there was no way we would put the boat in there. Oh yea, a Jet Boat came within 20 feet of our boat and nailed us with water. Go Figure... :x

Dave

Sorry about ther pic quality. my digital camera died on me and i used my cell phone to snapp some other ones...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Problem Doc... I have been working mostly but I took the weekend off. I just bought the US REEL SuperCaster 230 with the arbor on the spool. That reel is pretty nice for the price. I might actually pick up another US SuperCaster reel. It is well worth it. I will be fishing the wisconsin river up by petenwell in a couple weeks. I hope the water wont be too low by then. The railroad Ties in petenwell hold some decent sauger and eyes... Then I will be fishing Castle Rock Lake sometime in July. I will have more reports to come as I try to get some time off of work 8)

But I have a choice now... either I get a new truck or a brand new boat... I'm still debating on what to do... I could use a full size 1 ton truck, but I can also use a skeeter. I have been debating what to do for the past few weeks now. :?

Dave

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Good to see u back Dave :)

It`s probably tough to fish that area now, better luck on ur next outing .

Go with the skeeter dude lol

Think what u really need and not what u just want .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.