Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to finally try out my backyard lake. Fish from 4-5 pm using crawlers. Caught a few good size slab bluegills, 1 striped bass about 12' and a bunch of bull heads. Not bad action for only being out there an hour. Nothing of any real size, just happy to get out again. Bunch of jumping fish out there, couldnt really tell what they were, but ill bet they were just carp.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder Lake is about 840 acres, with a mean depth of 6-7 feet. deep part is on the northern part of the lake, gets to about 13 feet there. Its all private, so tough to fish unless you got a boat. I hear theres tons of carp in there, and they try to thing those out at the annual carp shoot. Some really like the fishing there and talk it up pretty good, others do nothing but trash it. Oh, and they plan to dredge it next year, so we get a nice little $300 special assesment.

·
Registered
959 Posts
That seems pretty shallow with a maximum depth of 13'. How deep are they going to dredge it to? I have to imagine that a dredging will only help the fish population there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.