Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well went out to the tournament. Was beatiful day for ice fishing. Way to many quads and snowmobiles scaring the fish all day. They were all over tons of them. We had about 6 tip ups out and about 6 holes for ice fishing did pretty good. Lots of people. We had flags go up but got lots and lots of perch and strippers. Will post pics eventually im just to wipped out. Was from 6 to 2. Lots of people catching hugh catfish also and crappies about 12 inches. If i remember correctly these are the number totals: Catfish first place 23 and quarter inches. Smallmouth 0. Largemouth 17 and half. Blue gill 8 and quarter. Crappie 12 and half. walleye 21 inches. Northern 0. Muskie 0. Perch 10 and half. And of course these are all inches. Bait of choice was waxies and small minnows. This is a great and excellent place to fish for any type of fish. And tons and tons of perch. Ice was very thich around 8 inches. And they had raffles and tons of prizes. They had a winner for all first place guys who caught fish entered a raffle for a 6 man trip charter on lake michigan. Also 2nd i think got half a cow. That is like literally a grand. dammmmm Then the raffles where the best.They had a raffle for underwater camera system, a brand new top of the line shanty, New gas ice auger. They had some type of kick a$$ gun that is excellent. For the smaller raffles they gave away some really expensive ice fishing poles and tip up systems. Like they had 20 rods and tons of other stuff. Free hot dogs and beer. Only 10 dollers to enter this whole thing!

·
Super Moderator
6,231 Posts
twoglasseyes said:
well my comp is messed up so sorry guys
That lure bandit grabbed your "shift" and "period" keys, didnt he?
Someone oughta stop that bandit. Stealing lures and messing up keyboards :evil: I am also 90% certain the bandit is the one responsible for slashing my tires this Summer :p

So how did ya fare yourself out there?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Root Pro... a Gun as a giveaway gift??? You kidding me... I dont wanna get into it, but im just curious... How would that be legal as you need a Firearms Owners Identification Card "F.O.I.D" They must have swung it by the Government somehow though... When I purchase my guns, I have to wait 24 hours before I can even pick them up. What kinda gun was it? maybe a small pistol like a .22?? I hope it was not a Desert Eagle .50 cal. I am buying that gun in 3 weeks and want it sooooo damn bad!!!! LOL thats crazzy winning a gun on an ice outing. I wish I coulda made it. That woulda been the prize I was after! Good job out there bro! :D

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dave I can't remember the name of the gun exactly, but here is wha I do know from the guy. He said that its top of the line and its so accurate. He said that it can hit a dime about 100 yards away in a second. He said it sounds like a crack when its fired and when it is fired by the time you press the trigger its already there. He said if you really wanted to it can be used as a snipper gun and it did have a scope on it. Very small bullet opening also. I don't know if this helps but ya man they had a gun donated there and trust me it was nice!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
sounds good.. it mighta been a 30.06 or a 20.20 ruger. Those are some nice rifles. It is all on how you can dial in your scope. Man I wish I went! LOL Too bad I missed out. thanks for the results though!!! :D

Dave

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.