Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New world record Largemouth Bass was caught in Japan yesterday. 22lb 5oz. It's considered a tie since it beat George Perry's record only by one ounce. I think fair is fair. The weight was higher so we should have a new world record. I can't believe it came out of Japan. I heard the dude is a bucket head. Just kidding.

Sushi anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Afalconsvick said:
Someone already posted about it. You can see the topic here:

http://www.windycityfishing.com/forums/ ... =23&t=9211
I think the fish is big enough to deserve 2 posts. I think this fish should be the world record. period! All the fish are weighed on certified scales. Then WTF! Certified scales aren't good enough for the IGFA? George Perry's fish had smaller dimensions than this fish. Back in the 30s how accurate were the scales?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
I think the fish is big enough to deserve 2 posts. I think this fish should be the world record. period! All the fish are weighed on certified scales. Then WTF! Certified scales aren't good enough for the IGFA? George Perry's fish had smaller dimensions than this fish. Back in the 30s how accurate were the scales?
Not digital, but they had accuracy. The people using them are the ones who may not be. It was weighed twice, Once at the general store, and again at the post office. My problem is the supposed length and girth. To be honest, I have never believed the Perry story. I was recently reading Doug Hannon's take on it. Anyone who has caught almost 1000 10lb.+ bass tends to get my attention.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...here-fish-bass/2009/06/how-i-fish-doug-hannon

·
Super Moderator
6,307 Posts
samurai said:
Big Bass Lee said:
Not digital, but they had accuracy. The people using them are the ones who may not be. It was weighed twice, Once at the general store, and again at the post office. My problem is the supposed length and girth. To be honest, I have never believed the Perry story. I was recently reading Doug Hannon's take on it. Anyone who has caught almost 1000 10lb.+ bass tends to get my attention.
http://www.fieldandstream.com/artic...here-fish-bass/2009/06/how-i-fish-doug-hannon
Thats an interesting tidbit by Hannon about Perry's WR bass. Lots of those old records are tainted IMO.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Big Bass Lee said:
Afalconsvick said:
Someone already posted about it. You can see the topic here:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9211
I agree lee, that should be the new record bass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.