Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used one of these im thining of buying it. You attach the little green thing to a rod and cast it out. Its sonar so it tells you if there is fish around the green thing. YOu wear the screen on your wrist like a watch. Just wondering if anyone has seen or used it. Here is a picture.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have one and used it, my opinion is to save your money. Although I have an older one that goes on your wrist the range was horrible and spent more time trying to get it to work than fish.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
I agree with MrB to save your money. I have the older version that has the same sender but has the receiver that attaches to your pole. The only thing that I found it good for was checking the depth.

·
Administrator
5,370 Posts
I bought one of those right after they came out. What a piece of shit. It wasn't even so much about finding fish, I wanted it more to measure depts and structure. It simply stops working sometimes, stops transmitting, and is more tempermental than a woman during menapause.

555 Posts
JasonN said:
I bought one of those right after they came out. What a piece of shit. It wasn't even so much about finding fish, I wanted it more to measure depts and structure. It simply stops working sometimes, stops transmitting, and is more tempermental than a woman during menapause.
:lol: If I were you I would save my money. It actually looks more like a gimmick/joke than a quality product. :lol: :)

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
I think your right Andrew.....

I've heard that all it's good for is depth readings and if there is a ripple in the water fogetaboutit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My buddy used to have the Humminbird 230 - portable sonar - bigger display, regular hardwire tranducer that is mounted to a suction cup to put on a boat and it also has that small remote unit that you can cast out if you're shore fishing - I think something along those lines might be a better option for you

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
i guess many of us were suckered into buying one of them things. i'd still use mine if the sonar battery didn't die on me. you can't replace the battery for the sonar, you have to buy the entire sonar unit which i think is $20 bucks a pop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.