Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twoglasseyes and I fished the WWD between 7:15 and 9:30 P.M. The temps were slightly below freezing and the snow made everything seem a lot brighter.

We used all artificial bait; mostly glow jigs with twistertails or glow vibrotails. Sadly no fish were caught. Next time I go in the PM I'm going to bring live bait. :?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Nice try guys

better luck saturday !

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Islandfisher said:
We used all artificial bait
:cry:

Bass want the real meal this time of year :wink:

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We needed to get our fix! I had to work this past weekend and didn't have a chance to get out. Also, I wanted to see if any big bass preferred the night bite. I'm sure we would have had better luck with live bait.

Does anyone know how well a bass can see when it is dark? The only fish I have caught at night before have been walleyes and pike. That was in Canada though.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
bass can't see as well as nocturnal hunters like walleyes, but they can smell and sense prey pretty well. it's extremely tough to catch anything but panfish with artificials at the wwd. even live bait can be a painstaking struggle to get a decent bass.

try glow spoons next time sean! :lol: might get that elusive chinook salmon lurking about there. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Bass will hit at night for sure. Suprisingly black is the color to use. It stands out the most. I'm preferential to buzzbaits. I have no experience fishing the dishcharge though, or what the water temps would be there right now. If it above 50, artificals would be in vogue :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts