Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to the WWD around 2:45 pm. Partly cloudy skies and the air temp was 58 degrees. There were about 10 other fishermen there when I arrived. One guy was catching tons of little crappies and keeping them. :?

Anyway, I manage to catch 12 LMB in about 90 minutes along with a few panfish using minnows. It amazes me how some fishermen don't practice good fishing etiquette. Two of the bass that I caught had hooks hanging out of their mouths that I removed. One of them was a 3/0 EWG that was sticking out of the fish's mouth over an inch!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Good thing ur a dentist Tim.

Was it like pulling teeth ? lol.

If I knew u went that late I would of met u there!

·
Registered
341 Posts
if i knew you went that late i would have met you there too haha... Yeah, a lot of them do not have good fishing etiquette. I saw some high school kids catching bass yesterday on the other side of where i was standing and they were just playing with it on the ground. I even heard one of their girlfriends yell, "it's suffocating!" Kind of pissed me off, but what could i do when i'm out numbered by 4 guys :p

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
WWD .....I thing you have to remove the barbs from the hooks...the bass swallow the minnows quick..Pliers are a must

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Gither03 said:
Kind of pissed me off, but what could i do when i'm out numbered by 4 guys :p
come on man! that's why you train in jutjitsu ain't it. to beat up poachers? :mrgreen:

BassCaster said:
WWD .....I thing you have to remove the barbs from the hooks...the bass swallow the minnows quick..Pliers are a must
i definitley agree. i always go barbless at the wwd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.