Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
WOW.... :shock:

I saw that on my weather alerts that parks and low lands are flodded by Salt Creek
If it's not one thing it's another this winter.... :evil:

That's a great picture...man the rail is under water????.... :roll:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Salt Creek is above flood stage at Devon Avenue also. Not suprised at all. That was a lot of snow that was melted by mild temps and rain. The DP is above flood stage also.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
hey, maybe the flooding is a good thing for all of you guerrilla bassers at the WWD because the bass might not spot you so easily from shore. But I bet that place is a muddy mess right now!!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Wow that is about the highest that I have ever seen that place. Looks like its gonna be awhile before the fishing improves. Hey Andrew, you wanna hit up the WWD sometime over your break? I know that Big Al is up to it. :p

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Dumb question - but I don't feel like looking to the archives on this one - but does the WCF Tourney usually kick off at the WWD over the winter? Is the first event coming up soon? Figured you guys would know...

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
mplant1 said:
Dumb question - but I don't feel like looking to the archives on this one - but does the WCF Tourney usually kick off at the WWD over the winter? Is the first event coming up soon? Figured you guys would know...
Yeah man it is!

And even tho it is flooded out the crapies love it. Take a size 10 hook with med fathead and split shot and let it drift around the corner of the wall and u will have a blast

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
rootpro6 said:
Yeah man it is!

And even tho it is flooded out the crapies love it. Take a size 10 hook with med fathead and split shot and let it drift around the corner of the wall and u will have a blast
Well, that didn't quite answer my question, but thanks Rootpro. I went to WWD once last year to merely check it out and I caught a handful of those lethargic crappies that I put in waayyyy too much effort dangling minnows in front of their faces....

I'm just really interested in fishing the WCT events this year!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Wow! My 9 year old son and I go to the WWD a few times a year...we're both sitting here blown away at that picture. The last time I was there (last spring), the water level was a good 6 or 7 feet BELOW the concrete barrier under that railing. Unreal!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great picture, but where did you fish from ? And just a few days ago the water was 5-6 feet below the rail. Remember last year after the flood it took weeks for the bass to return. I almost went today, so thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Yeah, we decided that there won't be any WCCT events at the WWD anymore. That's not to say that there might not be some friendly outings there though. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.