Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twoglasseyes and I fished the WWD with Tony(#1cubsfan) and rootpro6 from 7:30-11:30. All in all the fishing was rather slow today. I only caught two bass: one was a dink and the other a fat 13". I also witnessed Tony pull in a nice fat bass while working the rails.

I caught this decent crappie on a crawler near the grate.

Then just as we were talking about catching a Koi look what happened! (the fish looked a little better without all the mud on it. )

I ended up giving the Koi to Rootpro for his pond: I hope the fish survives. The water level was down and the fishing was slow but all in all it was a good day to be out!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toothdoc said:
Did Tony try to catch that pike again?
I just bought some nice polarized sunglasses and had a blast watching Tony cast at the pike. However, I think the pike learned his lesson from yesterday because he looked pretty scared of the lure. I'm sure the fish will forget by next week though!

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
man it looks awful muddy. how was the wind guys?

that does look more like a carp than a koi. i caught something that looked like a rock bass/blue gill mutant yesterday too. i call it a rock gill

·
Registered
392 Posts
water level was about 1.5 feet lower than yesterday
and one condom less :shock: lots of bass back my worms were
in bad condition so didnt fair to well but managed a nice 15 - 16
inch bass real fat no pics forgot the camera and phone :x

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Thanks again for the koi Sean!!!! yes that is a koi for sure i have koi and plus all koi have two wiscars on each side of its mouth and that one did that was a butterfly koi very nice it is doing well in my pond i also know because i work at a fish store in norridge 99 percent sure it is a koi hey jason did u ever end up catching that walleye???

·
Registered
136 Posts
so funny carp, Sean.

I was there from 10:50-17:00 and got some bluegills and carps.
the only 2 bass were too small. Sunshine was good and the wind was cold.
Without the glove, my hands got frozen.
I think there were more than 15 people in the noon so I could only began so far from the dam.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know what kind of fish it was, all I know is that it was pretty ugly when I got it out of the water.

Also, I was always under the impression that koi were part of the carp family. However, I'm the one that mistook a white perch for a crappie before so I wouldn't take any species tips from me :).

·
Registered
702 Posts
Following the wiki link to butterfly koi: "Butterfly Koi, Longfin Koi, or Dragon Carp are a type of ornamental fish notable for their elongated finnage. The fish are a breed of the common carp, Cyprinus carpio, (which includes numerous wild carp races as well as domesticated koi ("Nishikigoi")."

Nice koi sean!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks topwater, when my fast action rod bent in half I was hoping for a monster bass but then I saw the orange color shooting around in the water :( .

I usually don't like catching carp (or Koi or whatever the hell it was) but it was actually pretty exciting.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
ok for all you who dont think it is a koi it is a koi and it dont matter to me if u think it is its not worth fighting over what it is exactly is i will take some pics today of it if i get around to it cuase i do go to school still so i am pressed for time and i play baseball to let me know how u guys do today if someone goes out fishing i can only go on saturday or sundays is my free time whoever agrees with me that it is a koi reply with yes and whoever dosent reply with a no even though it is a koi!!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.