Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather clear warm(er) 30 , no wind

Fished from 8:30am to 12:30

A nice day to be out felt great to be out and not have your fingers fall off....

Caugh 3 bass and Sarge got a bunch of crappie

Saw a nice musky and the pike was lurking around.

here are a few pix's

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great day, weather was beautiful almost summer like. The fish were biting and good friends fishing. Mike and I watched the musky either attack a shiner or gill it was something else. Tryed everything to attract his attention but no dice. Caught a bunch of crappies on mini-mites with or without minnows. Even the gills were hitting the minnows. The WWD does have musky, can't believe it. Maybe with this weeks melt the water will rise and the bass return in numbers or who knows???

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Didn't know we were fishing for minnows... :wink: on my case about seeing some Chi-town bass.. When your out catching them!

:wink:

Nice fish :mrgreen:

- Geo

:lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Nice Job out there guys!

That must of been exciting to see a musky, The fish were for sure biting today/tonite... I just got off and finally got a walleye through the ice on a tip-up for this season! :D

Your making me want to hit the wwd in search of a Ski! :p

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BASSPROMATUK said:
A muskie at Busse Woods... Still sounds a little weird... How big was he? Any idea? - BPM
17 to 20 inches...and it was a musky :lol:

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The WWD has been off and on this year ...with all the flooding.
and now ....as it was just getting good ...we flood again :roll:

Just a crazy winter :twisted:

I enjoy this funny little strip of water..(Site fishing in the dead of winter??? come on... that's some good fun)...I would have never found out about this spot if it was not for... a post about some crazy "fool" catching 70 bass in December :wink:

ya Jason ...that was u !!!!!( but I can't link back to it as that post is gone??)It was a great post!

It's just winter fishing :wink: however you enjoy it ...on the ice or in a river... that's what counts!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
midwestmuskyhunter said:
and its nice to hear that at least one musky made it through their first winter there :) the lake would be good for them with all the baitfish and cover but i still wasnt sure they would make it :D
This guy is alive, but not surviving in the lake anymore. He's below the main dam swimming in the stinky poop creek.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
RonG said:
midwestmuskyhunter said:
and its nice to hear that at least one musky made it through their first winter there :) the lake would be good for them with all the baitfish and cover but i still wasnt sure they would make it :D
This guy is alive, but not surviving in the lake anymore. He's below the main dam swimming in the stinky poop creek.
busse lake muskie rescue!! everyone grab your nets and we wade.... lol nevermind

nice job basscaster

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.