Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hows it going? Just wanted to let you guys know that if anyone catches a coy at all to give me a call when u catch it and i will come and get it right away coy are very expensive and i wouldnt mind putting one of those in my pond if u would like my number private message me and ill give it to u

·
Administrator
5,361 Posts
I'm not exactly sure if the goldfish/carp that are commonly seen by the wwd are "true" koi.

Here's an article on Wikipedia about Koi...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi

I've seen some pretty big goldfish there, and some funky looking carp, but again, still unclear if they are traditional koi.

That being said, the best times to see these fish at the wwd is right before sunset. They seem to hang out inside the grate during the day and often come out in numbers just before sundown.

I don't know if there is an exact way to target them, but one might have to fight off tons of bluegill in pursuit of these fish.

·
Banned
655 Posts
I've got a beautiful 5-6-7-8lb Wild Koi, or a very giant ornamental fish living in my stretch of water. It's a creamish/ golden color.

I've seen it every year since 2005 during the months of June and July.

Always thought it was a rare Albino Carp until I got close-ups of its really feathery and long fins last year.

Tried catching it last year but no dice.

It looks hell of a lot like this guy, but since I know for a fact that it has very feathery fins, there's no way this I've been seeing can be a Koi. It's something else.

To catch Koi, I'd fish the traditional Carp methods. Bottom fishing with Corn, dough mixes, or Berries of some kind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.