Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went there around 1:00 stayed till about 4:00. I strolled all along the shoreline, saw alot of bass towards the mouth of it. Threw some things at them, didn't look like they were interested in anything. So I thought I might as well go for bluegill. Put on a small blue and white tube... it was a feeding frenzy. Between me and my gf, we maybe caught around 45 - 50 within an hour. Every now and then we'd get a small little bass. I'm gonna try to make it out tommorow morning with some minnows. It looks like its about to pick up though, I saw a guy near the damn bring in something big, maybe a bass but right as he went to pick it up it fell off the hook!

Anyone have any idea when the crappie will start biting? or even a good spot near the WWD to catch em!?

ps. I also saw a guy catching gills and sunfish, throwing 1 out of 10 in a bag. I don't know if busse has a regulation or limit, but it was unpleasant listening to them suffocate in a bag. I don't know who to call or where to start to report someone but I hope karma catches up to him!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Mattchu said:
Went there around 1:00 stayed till about 4:00. I strolled all along the shoreline, saw alot of bass towards the mouth of it. Threw some things at them, didn't look like they were interested in anything. So I thought I might as well go for bluegill. Put on a small blue and white tube... it was a feeding frenzy. Between me and my gf, we maybe caught around 45 - 50 within an hour. Every now and then we'd get a small little bass. I'm gonna try to make it out tommorow morning with some minnows. It looks like its about to pick up though, I saw a guy near the damn bring in something big, maybe a bass but right as he went to pick it up it fell off the hook!

Anyone have any idea when the crappie will start biting? or even a good spot near the WWD to catch em!?

ps. I also saw a guy catching gills and sunfish, throwing 1 out of 10 in a bag. I don't know if busse has a regulation or limit, but it was unpleasant listening to them suffocate in a bag. I don't know who to call or where to start to report someone but I hope karma catches up to him!
I believe they have to be 8 inches to keep, but who follows those regs there anyways. Luckily the guy at the dam lost the fish, otherwise it would have been in the frying pan.

Anyways... Thanks for the report. Those Gills just stack up in there, i have seen people have a blast catching them!

See any Walleyes yet?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dave, I was there this morning, left around 1230 . A few good size bass in the middle. Used minnows & small yellow tube for awhile but the rock bass & gills attacked the bait. Saw one possible eye. I think it's still a little to warm, also the water was down. You could almost walk across salt creek. Come on snow bass.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Thanks Mattchu and Sarge. I was thinking about getting out there for an hour before football Tomorrow. 8) Damn family football party tomorrow! :x I forgot all about it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.